New Rad - Oil cooler lines Fitting ?

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Ok i bought a nice aluminum radiator i still want to use my oil cooler lines BUT unfortunately i have been searching on here for 30 minutes and cant get a definite answer on the size. ive heard npt inverted flare 3/8 1/2 dont know what it is? I was previously using a stock radiator. So i just need to go buy a FEMALE fitting to fit on the oil cooler hose end Male fitting (which is the fitting that is on the oil cooler line that screws into the stock rad) to attach a external oil cooler... 3/8? 1/2? inv flare?

Basically im just bypassing the rad and going external cooler with same lines that screw onto the stock rad. comprende?
And no i do not want to delete my oil cooler its there for a reason and i live in Miami 100* plus temps even in the winter.

Ok i bought a nice aluminum radiator i still want to use my oil cooler lines BUT unfortunately i have been searching on here for 30 minutes and cant get a definite answer on the size. ive heard npt inverted flare 3/8 1/2 dont know what it is? I was previously using a stock radiator. So i just need to go buy a FEMALE fitting to fit on the oil cooler hose end Male fitting (which is the fitting that is on the oil cooler line that screws into the stock rad) to attach a external oil cooler... 3/8? 1/2? inv flare?

Basically im just bypassing the rad and going external cooler with same lines that screw onto the stock rad. comprende?
And no i do not want to delete my oil cooler its there for a reason and i live in Miami 100* plus temps even in the winter.

Tranny Lines use 5/16" inverted flare fittings. You can get these at any automotive supply house. Tranny lines are Male Thread and you'll need a Female Threaded Coupling to connect. I believe the stock rad uses 1/8" NPT 90's x 5/16" inverted flare fittings.