New in southern Michigan

1987cp

Hi, I'm Michael from the Lansing area in southern Michigan. I actually have never owned a Buick or any turbo car, but years ago a pal of mine had a mildly modified '87 T-type (just a chip and shift kit, as I recall) and let me drive it, and Buicks have obviously simmered way in the back of the mind ever since. I've since become saddled with several Fords, an '87 Colony Park that I've had for 12 years now ($4000 quality used car turned nightmare project), a '79 Country Squire that I enjoyed driving while the Mercury was parked for a year or so but finally parted with due to its terminal rust infestation, an '81 two-door LTD (has the Mercury's original engine and the rebuilt C4 I bought for the Squire, but still not running again since I yanked the original 255 last winter), and a relatively nice '87 Crown Victoria "S" (5.8L P72 police package that came with several desirable mods already in place) I bought from a friend in Indiana that's currently parked awaiting a cam swap/upgrade (collapsed lifters). Thinking about thinning the fleet of big Fords got me thinking about smaller wagons, which for a Ford person usually means a '78-'86 Fox body, but then an '83 Cutlass Cruiser recently for sale at Stationwagonforums.com got me thinking more in the direction of a G body wagon with way-off-in-the-future plans for a turbo Buick swap. I like the idea of staying with a full frame but gaining smaller size and the clamshell tailgate in lieu of the problematic Ford 3-ways, plus there was that ride in the T type way back when. So, I figured I'd join up to a couple of GN/T-type forums and lurk around and see what I can learn!