New Headlight opinion..

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Hey All,

Wanted to get a general consensus if there is one.. I am thinking of putting the Xenarc Lighting System in the 87 GN. You may have seen these at the local auto parts, if not they are the same size and dimension as stock, yet a boat load clearer..but does have a suttle hint of blue/grey to them.. The system is pretty much the low beams only..

http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm

I just want to make sure I am not crossing the line of the fast and the stupid..

Thanks!

A good friend of mine just put a set (all 4 bulbs) on his 1984 MCSS.

The beam that these bulbs throw are amazing. The lows put out good distance and really good side pattern too. The Hi-beams are awesome. I stood in front of his car after the install and it was blinding!

Overall I thought that it was very good for the driver's vision, but terrible if you are an oncoming car. I foresee him getting "flashed" by other drivers thinking he's riding with his hi-beams on.

As for price, I think he got them for $25 a bulb, not cheap.

The one downside that I see is that the rear of the bulb is uncoated, and the back of the Monte Carlo headlamp bucket is hollow. When the headlamps are on, the front underside and underhood are lit up. It looks kinda funny to see light eminating from underneath the hood of the car.

I probably should have read the entire article on the Xenarcs.

My friends bulbs are sealed beam.:eek:

Well I am probably going to order them once the Champion's are in and the motor is back together.. I will throw a few pics up l8ter.

Adam:D

Originally posted by aperrego
Was it a pain to put them in?

Not sure, they were on the car when I bought it.

From the looks of it though, they don't seem too bad. You have to run new wires, otherwise bolt in.