New guy

C

Captain Mark

Howdy boys. I'm new to this board, but not new to Buicks. Currently have a 1970 GS convertible with a built 455. I love Buicks of all types, especially the GN. I WILL have one before long. Or, at least a Turbo Buick of some kind. Here are a couple of stupid, new guy type questions for ya'll.

1. Will the 3.8 turbo bolt right in to a non turbo Regal? I know you can put any motor in any car if you want to bad enough, I mean a fairly easy bolt in.

2. Where can I find, or purchase a decent 3.8 turbo motor. Are there companies that sell them already built? Or do I have to find and old block and build one myself?

Sorry for the elementary questions, and thanks in advance.

It will cost you more to convert a non turbo car over to a turbo car than it will to buy a decent t-type.

You will need the tranny, and rear end, along with replacing all the fuel lines and tank. If you are a hands on guy that likes wrenching it can be done for cheaper, but it is a lot of work, and then it still won't be an original.

You will be looking at around $3500 for an engine and tranny in good shape, $800 for the rear, and then all the small stuff. I have a line on an 87ttype with 68k miles for $4900.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I can wrench when I have to, but I would rather be driving than wrenching, if you know what I mean. For the reasons you mentioned I would rather have a car already intact. Do you have any more info on the T-Type? Pics maybe?

I haven't even seen the t-type yet. I talked to the kid who ownes it. Its supposed to only have a few hundred miles on the rebuild. Interior supposed to be 7-8, exterior in good condition with a header panel crack and 1 bumper filler messed up. I'm actually thinking of buying it for myself or to flip it. I'm supposed to look at it this week. If I decide not to buy it, I'll hook you up with the info.