New guy on the block

Madscientist

Just figured that I would start here since all the groups that Ive found so far keep trying to tell me to quit my project and buy an LS motor. Even after I tell them that sometimes its not all about the HP/tq numbers and how quick you want to get something done, I personally enjoy the wrech time with my sons and their grandpa then later on the 2nd looks/glances that we get when its completed.

So we've got a few car builds under our belt but we know very little about the v6 turbos and I know even less about the carb turbos.

But basically, we acquired a motor carb v6 turbo, somewhat complete and honestly my first step is to hear it run then basically after that I will start trying to complete it then try to find something to set it in.

First things I need to find:
Downpipe (pipe coming off shaft side of turbo)
Flywheel
Intake/Turbo Gaskets

These are what I need 100% for I want to crank it and hear it run.

I'm asking here because I am clueless on what parts are Interchangeable. If there is a pre-black FAQ section, I apologize for not looking there first just literally been so tired of going from group to group only for people to tell me to quit and get an LS :(

I want to work on the motor but without the knowledge of parts availability, I'm clueless.

So any input is grateful.

I'm now going to take a nap then try to read some more on this group.

Do a search for beforebalck.net and it should help. Rich's site had a lot of info and if you want to upgrade, there's a link in my sig that should help you.