New Best 11.745 @ 115 @ 80deg Temp

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
i got a new best time. i couldnt 60 foot at all this year at the WCN. at 230 i ran the car for the last pass of the day. i didnt give it much time to cool since they where going to close the track. the only adjustment i made was we added 2 deg of timing in the low gear 1/2nd and did a half a turn on the boost. it picked up 3 tenths with just this alone. timing is still low and boost is right at 20psi. saturday night i ran 115mph with the outside temp of 50 deg. but the best 60 foot was a 2.0 since all the street cars where tearing up the track. anyways if this doesnt make since its been a long day. anyways this is what the time slip looked like.

60-1.659
1/8-7.491
mph-91.133
1/4-11.745
mph-115.818

not to shabby for 20 psi and low timing in 80 deg weather on radials

Nice!

Happy to hear you got a new best man!

When you gonna turn the wick up? Lots more left in it:wink:

i got a new best time. i couldnt 60 foot at all this year at the WCN. at 230 i ran the car for the last pass of the day. i didnt give it much time to cool since they where going to close the track. the only adjustment i made was we added 2 deg of timing in the low gear 1/2nd and did a half a turn on the boost. it picked up 3 tenths with just this alone. timing is still low and boost is right at 20psi. saturday night i ran 115mph with the outside temp of 50 deg. but the best 60 foot was a 2.0 since all the street cars where tearing up the track. anyways if this doesnt make since its been a long day. anyways this is what the time slip looked like.

60-1.659
1/8-7.491
mph-91.133
1/4-11.745
mph-115.818

not to shabby for 20 psi and low timing in 80 deg weather on radials

Nice. :biggrin:
Not bad for a "couple of bolt on parts". :eek:
Sounds like the FAST is working pretty good!

What was the trap RPM?

trap rpm is around 5650. it hits 6000 after the trap and hits the rev limter.

o also thanks to the fast it saved my motor. the alky tank was low and it sucked in air and stoped spraying. the fast corrected addind 20% of fuel

A 1.65 60 foot isn't too bad, I actually think the car runs better warmed up anyway.

Congrats on the new best

Hi Jamie and Brent. It's kind of funny this was brought up. One of my best passes a few weeks ago was when I didn't let my car cool down. I made a run and then went back into line thinking that I had about 30 minutes until I could make another pass, but the line kept moving and before I knew it I was staged for another run.

I guess part of it is the tires are still hot, but since we don't suffer from an IC being heat soaked, it seems to be at our advantage.

trap rpm is around 5650. it hits 6000 after the trap and hits the rev limter.

o also thanks to the fast it saved my motor. the alky tank was low and it sucked in air and stoped spraying. the fast corrected addind 20% of fuel
WOW!
Must be reving up real quick and nice after the crossing the line!
Takes me 3-5 seconds to increase engine speed 400 RPM. :eek:
Sounds awesome, like a MX bike!

Hi Jamie and Brent. It's kind of funny this was brought up. One of my best passes a few weeks ago was when I didn't let my car cool down. I made a run and then went back into line thinking that I had about 30 minutes until I could make another pass, but the line kept moving and before I knew it I was staged for another run.

I guess part of it is the tires are still hot, but since we don't suffer from an IC being heat soaked, it seems to be at our advantage.

my fast times are when my motor is cooled way down. you can really see the heat soak after a few passes. yes we dont suffer from intercooler heat soak we suffer from intake heat soak. also what helped me is the track start to hook alittle better. next year im going to run a t-brake and some slicks

WOW!
Must be reving up real quick and nice after the crossing the line!
Takes me 3-5 seconds to increase engine speed 400 RPM. :eek:
Sounds awesome, like a MX bike!

yes the motor revs quick. i need to actually get the governer out of the trans and file it down so the shift points come up some. car is short shifting 1st and second around 5100 and it need to be around 5500

yes the motor revs quick. i need to actually get the governer out of the trans and file it down so the shift points come up some. car is short shifting 1st and second around 5100 and it need to be around 5500
Or just hand shift and you can shift yourself at 5500.

true. i tryed that once and i was all over the track since my tach was in a bad spot and its a column shift car. man that wasnt pretyt but my shifts where on spot.

Oh column shift not sure I'd want to hand shift then, I have before on a Lemans I used to own, not like the floor shifter that's for sure. With some cooler air you could pick up some tenths I'm sure. Not sure if that happens much where you live.

where im at i was picking up about 4mph at night but nothing on the et since i couldnt 60 foot. now if the track would hook and it was cold out then that would be another story. problem is when its night out they dont prep do to all the street cars and street tires