Need some help

ZNix

Young-Gun
My car as you may have seen in the General Turbo Tech, has a nasty vibration. I have been chasing it since I bought the car months ago. It seems to run very well everywhere but 1700-1900 RPM. I also noticed it seems to be worse when the car is COLD. So I am thinking the ignition module is the issue, and causing a miss fire. I have unplugged cam sensor, MAF, etc. I haven't tried to change out the coil pack or ignition module yet. SO that is what I am asking.. Doesn't ANYONE near by have a known good coil pack or ignition module, maybe a MAF sensor I can try.. I would be very appreciative.

Thanks
Nix

Nearby where?

New England is kinda large. ;)

I have a spare but haven't tested it in years, and have the Caspers Ignition tester/simulator as well.

That's weird. My location should be visible. I am located in Plympton, MA. Where are you Salvage? That Caspers tester would be perfect to rule out the coil itself.

Nix

Near New Haven, CT.

3 hours away is a long drive. :eek:

I'd take a long look at the O2 numbers on the scanmaster when the miss happens.

In a specific range usually it isn't ignition issues, but more fueling from what I've seen.

I had a miss with a first generation chip, for the Bosch 42lb. injectors I used, just off idle and the scanmaster went to '000' so I had the chip reburned with a bit more fuel in the low load and the car never stumbled or stalled again.

A powerlogger would also be a good tool for logging data when the miss occurs.

But I guess I need to read the thread for the details of the problem.

That sounds like exactly what I have in my car haha.. Ill get the chip number and talk to Eric. See what he says about it..

Nix

Bump.. Have a new coil pack coming from nos4gn so hopefully it will fix things.. I also should also be getting new motor mounts soon. I wouldn't mind borrowing a KNOWN GOOD MAF or Ignition Module.. Just to see if those fix the issue also.

Nix

Bump.. Have a new coil pack coming from nos4gn so hopefully it will fix things.. I also should also be getting new motor mounts soon. I wouldn't mind borrowing a KNOWN GOOD MAF or Ignition Module.. Just to see if those fix the issue also.

Nix
Hey zack,
If you want you can come up + try at least the maf from my car,+ possibly the ignition module if its not a major deal pulling it out,+ reinstalling it,
if i remeber right its on the underside of the coil pack, i have just never had to replace one.
I've also got a couple boxes of miscelanious sensors,(heated 02 + regular o2 etc.)valves,solenoids,lines etc,if there are other things you want to try so they could be eliminated as possible culprits.