need help......please....

ONE_QUIK_6

Still lookn' for a recipe
Alright, I think I have done it now. I have always said no tools in my hands I will screw it up. I was putting my exhaust manifolds back on and everything was going pretty smooth and then I went to tighten them all up and make sure everything was in its place and it happened. I was tightening the bolt above the number four cylinder and it felt tight and then it started going around real easy. I am pretty sure that this means that I have stripped out that hole, so do I.......
Leave it there because it seems pretty tight
Tap that hole for the next size up
drill and helicoil
The last one is the last thing I want to do and taking the head off is not an option right now. What do you guys think???
This really pisses me off.

:mad:

Zak

I would probably leave it alone and keep a very very close eye on it. If you notice any signs of an exhaust leak or slow spooling you will have to do the dirty deed however

exhaust man problem

i would use a bottom tap, of course using the same thread. there is always some room at the bottom of any drilled hole. the factory most likley used a starter tap which is taper at the lead to start the thread easier, bottom taps have very little lead so you can tap all the hole or at least 95%. but be very careful not to break the tap!!! keep backing off every 1/4 turn until you feel bottom