Need Chris or anyone else w/gov spring question in shift kit

PaulRV6

Chris, if you read this can you please answer or anyone else that wants to provide their input.
I'm putting in the new shift kit from CK in my 200R4 trans in my 86 GN. The governor spring supplied in the CK kit has 13 coils vs 20 coils from my stock GN governor. The stock spring is also more easily compressible than the CK spring which is stiffer. My question is how will this affect my shift points?

I need to add that I added a nylon screw to secure the spring and then I drilled a few holes in the small weight to offset the screw weight.

Is this spring tension matched to the overall calibration of the kit? Or is it just suppose to be a replacement for the stock spring (which I believe is the case)?

Thanks, paul

I would call Chris on this one. I asked a few years ago and was told it was a stock replacement. I did not like what it did to my car,but I don't remember excately. I went back to the stock one with no issues. But that's just me and I am still a fan of his kit.

The 13 coil replacement is the correct governor spring in the kit.It is black in color.There are reasons for its amount of coils,installed height etc.If you like you can install your original.When the governor is in good condition and the heights between the weight stop and weight are correct I have not had any issues with it at all.1.025" and .865" are the numbers that work for me.