Nearly complete 1987 Grand National motor

thefairbanks

I have a 1987 Buick Grand National 3.8 SFI turbo V6 for sale. Engine is nearly complete and disassembled. Bought it for my 1979 Cutlass, but there's a baby on the way. Priorities, am I right? Looking for $1,500 or the best offer that comes my way. I won't ship as that would cost WAY too much for the buyer. I'm located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Comes with nearly everything, including turbo, rotating assembly, wiring harness, engine mounts, intercooler, power steering pump, cam sensor, crank sensor, baffled gas tank, radiator, injectors and fuel rail, throttle body, exhaust manifolds, and crossover pipe etc. The list goes on.

A lot of new parts to assist with reassembly, including complete gasket sets, stainless steel bolts etc. Makes your job a lot easier.

Parts that are missing include intercooler brackets, accessory brackets, air intake, some sensors, ignition components.

Disassembled for easy transport and rebuild. Cylinder walls have no ridges.

The owner of the motor built a Stage 2 Buick race motor and planned to put this engine back in when he was finished racing. The car was too far gone to put back to stock, so he sold me the motor. I just never got around to it.

Asking $$1,500 (usd) obo. I don't want to part it out yet, as I'm not positive I'll get what I want by doing that. that being said, if people had something they needed off the engine, and I had a list long enough of potential buyers for parts that made me feel ok, I would pull the trigger and part out.

Pictures to come shortly. If there is anything in particular you want a shot of, let me know!

Last edited:
Complete intake,intercooler,throttle body and fuel rail 1st in line if you decide to part out