Name that Wire !!

GN-231

I took the wiper motor assembly out of the GN this weekend to inspect the PCB, contacts, etc... because I lost my intermettent wiper function.

When I had the assembly out, I noticed a wire that seemed to be pulled out from somwhere? The wire comes out of a connector that plugs into a bulkhead through the firewall just below the P/M brakes. That same connector has wires that run to the wiper motor/assy and headlights I think. Anyways....I found a black wire with an orange strip that comes out of that same connector that seems to be cut or plugged into nothing. I checked on the wire schematic from Chilton manual and it showed no information on that wire. Is this another wire that is not used from the factory like the tach wires or do I just have a wire pulled from an assembly.

black wire w/orange stripe???...sounds to me like the power wire for the under hood light....do i win? joe:cool:

Joe (the champ),
I think you are right. I am going to declare you champion of the contest unless there is evidence to prove an upset :D
My hood light is disconnected and I don't have a wire going to it, however, I would like to rewire it.

Does that wire just attached like a flying lead to the light? Seems like you would want it secured down strategically so it would be more asthetic and not catch on things?
Thanks,