My Ttype is almost done

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
PICT0056.JPG

DSC01757%20(Small).jpg

DSC01769%20(Small).jpg

Just waitin on the intercooler pipes to get back from powder coating .. and we are off to the track again..

Great car....

How is progress? What all are you putting in it? Do you have any more pictures. Once again ....its a great car.

WOW!! thats the first relief valve (I dont know if its a wastegate or BOV) Ive ever seen on the intake piping... tell me more!!

cimi4749 said:
WOW!! thats the first relief valve (I dont know if its a wastegate or BOV) Ive ever seen on the intake piping... tell me more!!
That definatly looks like a blow off valve. Prevents compressor surge, thats about it. Oh and it makes a nice pssht sound when you let off at WOT. :biggrin:

Nick

LOOKS GREAT and has functionality..... I wont go that route... cant have alky releasing all over the engine compartment... for some reason it just doesnt seem safe :confused:

the inside of the bov, is threaded, and has a fitting . " not installed in the pic"
for a hose , so you can vent it to where ever you want ;)

PaCemkr86 said:
the inside of the bov, is threaded, and has a fitting . " not installed in the pic"
for a hose , so you can vent it to where ever you want ;)

DUYYY!! I didnt even think about the recirculate ability.... wise man you are....

A nice setup for some BOV's is the 'dual vent'. What this does is allow air to be recirced back into the intake 100% like a recirc valve under low to moderate pressure. When the pressure is strong enough to open the valve fully it sends the first ammount of air back into the intake and the excess air is vented. It is a pretty neat set up and many of the different versions allow for adjustment of how much air is recirc'ed and vented. Alot of guys with WRX's and STi's prefer the dual vent style valve.
Here is the APS dual vent:
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/blow.htm

Nick