My New Car! - Black WS9 "HellS1"

Very nice car. I got two of them sitting at home in the garage (02 T/A and an 02 Z28) ;)

The rear end shouldn't be a problem until you put some stickier tires on it.

Please realize I am NOT doing this JUST to be nosey ... but I am about to sell my 4th gen, thanks bro :) ---

The LT1's go for substantially less than the LS1's to be honest. Not to mention, the firebirds also generally have a slight premium over the camaros as well.

Again guys, thanks a lot for the comments!

I DO have a question, and i know ls1tech.com would probably be a better place to ask, but i'm partial to this forum :) so here goes:
As I said the RamAir hood was an aftermarket by Glassteck, and is not functional. So, today i cut a large rectable on the underside (it was basically drawn out already - i assume this hood is the same one they use for the "real" RamAir and they just sell it for more) and drilled holes in the frontside of the "nostrils" in the grille so it is now functional. However, the thought of water getting into the intake and hydrolocking my engine is something i, of course, thought of after the fact. Maybe some of you can chime in and lend some knowledge/opinions on this sticky situation I am now in. thanks!

It's very nice and it's fast but, not as many people are gonna do a double take or get nostalgic when they see it coming down the road.

I really doubt it will get hydrolocked, just put the inserts or whatever in the grille to prevent lots of water splashing in all at once. I know a lot of the fiberglass hood manufacturers give you the option of having the holes cut out or not, so it likely is the same as one that came with the ram air functional.

as long as there is a way for the airbox to drain, you should be fine.

What is the air filter arrangement?

Bob

It's wide open on the bottom. Air hits the air damn under the car and goes up into the lid. With the ram air version, the box is raised like an inch so air can enter straight in through the holes in the hood.

right, but as it sits now, with the lower-set box that scoops air from underneath, there is still an open "hole" in the bottom of the SLP lid to take air in from RamAir (if available). My only concern came about because my friend with the Camaro has the SS hood with a functional scoop, and it actually takes in air from vents in the middle of the hood and loops them around in cutout passageways underneath the hood back to the front of where the SLP is...meaning that the water would not only need to be sucked in, but then it would have to travel around a 180*-turn loop and all the way back to the front of the hood. The way mine is, the water has a clear shot of about 5" straight into the SLP.

I would think it would take a substantial amount of water getting in to worry about a hydrolock. I've known a few guys with ported air boxes and hoods who never had any problems.

Just awesome looking...also F bodies always feel faster untill a Gn blows by...:biggrin::biggrin:

I would go with a Frost tune or pcmforless rather than the Diablo, you should see much better results. Great looking car as you can see in my sig, I'm partial to LS1's as well.

-also if it's faster than your Buick, you Buick wasnt running right ;)

new ride

KTRAIN congrats on the new ride. The fun factor driving that car will be great. You have the enjoyment of shifting. About 6 years ago I had a 2000 ss a4 that ran mid to low 12's on minor bolt ons. All motor & stock. Depending if I was racing it in gaynessville or bradenton. The weather either helped or worsened my E.T.'s but either way the car was fun. Never gave me problems and was a daily driver. Just converter, exhaust, lt's, custom Y, cai, drag radials & suspension. I had a couple tuner guys locally that used tunes for the LS1 from LS1edit, hptuners, efi live, etc. There is a guy in south florida on this forum. I think he goes by boostcrazy. He has a TR as well. Excellent tuner. Hit him up. He did a tt ls car at bradenton that went 8's. Was a guy named crispysquirrel on the boards who owned that car. Good luck with that ride. If you need some contact pm me.

Nice. I've always wanted an LS powered F body that was all black with a 6 speed. Like yours. Heck I'd even consider my T for a trade if I found the right one.

Maybe one day I'll get lucky and find one in good shape that some kid hasn't already gotten ahold of.

I run the same hood, but mine is functional .... in DOWNPOURS I get CES lights ... but thats with an OPTI too ---