My car is ALIVE!!!

CanVan87GN

I just installed my Bowling Green Elbow, 3" downpipe, and testpipe and holy#$@%:eek: My car now spools very quick and has almost (sure feels like it) eliminated the turbo lag with the stock elbow and downpipe. Next I will install my Dutweiler Neck and then do some more tuning with my fellow GNRA members.
Question? My car is a daily driver and steetability is important. I just want to stay ahead of the new hot rods out there. What do you think my next mods would be after tuning? I am thinking a T49 and some bluetops. Does this sound like a good street combination? I really enjoy the replies from my fellow GN owners. You guys have helped me a lot. Opinions please..........................

P.S. Thanks Mike for the great deal and meeting with me to make the delivery. :) Cheers!

Shaun

Hey Radius, thanks for the reply:cool: BTW, what is the name of my Walbro fuel pump(190l/hr)? Just a question. Also, what about the chip? Is my Red's 93 OK still?

also if you want track-like peformance from your street car look into getting an alcohol injection system. the one im getting is made by steve chlupsa, is reasonably priced($350), and you can run up to 25 psi on 93 octane. i personally know a guy that runs 25 psi on the street w/a te-44. his car PULLS like a madman and i cant wait to get my system. www.smcenterprises.com :D

That pump sounds a lot like a Walbro 242[ATR used to sell them as 11 second pumps].307's will track within a lb. or two of the 340 up to 65 psi where they roll off in flow[Steve Wood actually e-mailed Walbro about this ,thread was on T/B's tech section a few months ago].
As to Red's chips,he cuts a good chip,but everything has to be right on[no exhaust leaks etc.]or the bottom end tends to be rich.I've used them and they are respectable,however,I do like Bob Bailey's chips[nice running,good manners],and I like Jay Carters [nice and aggressive,a little harder on gas].
One other chip possibilty is Casper's[John Spina].You can get multiple settings by knob[can't remember if it's 8 or 16,could be both,your choice].I had a buddy who ran one a few years back and swore by it.
Hope that helps a bit.