My Bosch Plant Is Closing

mad999

Not a very good feeling with me right now. We could see it coming for a while now but Bosch Germany has decided to close our plant and send the work to Germany, Brazil, And South Carolina. They say we lose about $20 million per YR here and as soon as they move it they will make about $30 million per YR. That is a pretty good job to be able to increase $50 million in the 1st year! Especially since we have been doing the same parts here for about 15 years since we split of from GM. Anyone else here had their plant close with Bosch? We are a UAW plant and from what I have been told they have bought about 6-7 UAW plants here in the states and I think we are the last 1-2 still here. Anyone need a good ToolMaker? I also have about 1,400 other friends needing a new job soon.:(

Mike I dont work for Bosch, but I lost my job last Friday and feel for ya. Good luck to you and your family. Where is Ravenna, MI

We were Phillips, VDO, now Siemens.

They closed our plant and shipped 1100 jobs to Mexico.

Winding down operations this June.

They lost their shirts in the move but hey they really have no clue anyway. They actually called our financial guy looking for $6million in savings some consultant said they would be saving. He just laughed at them and told them his end date. ;)

Americans will always lose jobs first in a perceived slowdown working for a German company.

Over there you pretty much have a job for life. Although they have their problems too, they are actually shipping jobs to Mexico themselves.

Mexico has already messed up a ton of stuff and had a rather large fire in their plant last month. I am not sure they told our customers yet. :rolleyes:

Also a 7% turnover ratio there. And that is MONTHLY!!! :eek:

Up here we'd be doing tons of tests on the parts that got out the door. Down there they just keep shipping crap.

They asked our engineering staff to move to an area that has absolutely no automotive expertise other than the 1 plant they own that has some office space open. I think I made the right decision when I said no along with the other guys in our group.

Just my .02 when working for German companies.... clueless!

Now they will be losing a ton of experience and the American contacts needed to do business in our markets here. They are also losing the business they have now, rather rapidly I might add.

Nobody questions authority or decisions within our organization over the ocean.

We certainly do over here, daily. :D

Ravenna is between Grand Rapids and Muskegon. The Plant is in Grand Rapids.

Sorry to here about that. I heard that on the news the other day. My boss said he has some friends that work there, that play softball with him on the leagues.