My Baer Brake Install! :)

Cheddie: I would be happy to do discuss doing the install for you also, just PM me.
Jlat: You need a Facebook account and access to Facebook to see the pictures.

Is you're brake lines still going though your factory pro portioning valve mounted on the frame, or did you remove that when you added the manual proportioning valve?

looks great. what part of Austin are you in? I am up in Cedar Park - would love to visit in person at some point and check it all out.

Is there an Austin Turbo Buick club or gathering? If not, we should just create our own as there have been several other Austin area Turbo Buick guys asking to see my car as well.

I think there used to be; its somewhat disjointed now. I know for sure there are at least 3 or 4 guys not far from me. Happy to host something at the house.

Actually the SC&C suspension is what holds my interest, I have been looking at those pcs for a while.
did you do the whole package with bearing assy's ?

I think there used to be; its somewhat disjointed now. I know for sure there are at least 3 or 4 guys not far from me. Happy to host something at the house.

Scott, let me know if you guys set something up, I'm always down for some bench racing and beer drinking! Plus I'm interested in doing the rear 13" Baer conversion and would like to see it also.

What a great looking car, & awesome overall package. Nice work on the brakes & thanks for sharing the pics.
Question, the caliper looks fairly thin on the backside, would there be any worry of any parts contacting the frame if a car was very lowered in the back? The calipers don't look anywhere near as big as the LS1's do, do they stick out past the backside lip of the wheel any?
I think your car/setup has just convinced me of my next mod, keep up the good work!

What a great looking car, & awesome overall package. Nice work on the brakes & thanks for sharing the pics.
Question, the caliper looks fairly thin on the backside, would there be any worry of any parts contacting the frame if a car was very lowered in the back? The calipers don't look anywhere near as big as the LS1's do, do they stick out past the backside lip of the wheel any?
I think your car/setup has just convinced me of my next mod, keep up the good work!
He is running pretty much the exact same Wheel / tire /brake set up as I am. Those LS1 brakes don't even compare to this set up! The rear is a 4-piston caliper and mine is lowered 2" front & rear without a single issue with the caliper touching the frame and the caliper is no where near the inside rear lip. You can reach through my wheel spokes and actually touch the caliper. Here is another BAER brake install thread where it shows some of those clearances
and some other info which might be of help http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/baer-brake-install.343546/

Thanks for the reply scott, I was kinda hoping you would jump in on this. I have read through that link you posted several times in the past.
I should of specified, I am mainly talking about the rear setup. It seems like this setup doesn't have the frame/caliper clearance issues that you run into using factory parts when the rear is lowered.
With regarss to the Ebrake, did you eventually get yours installed & what was involved in that? I haven't seen anyone post info on that side of things.

Thanks for the reply scott, I was kinda hoping you would jump in on this.. I am mainly talking about the rear setup. It seems like this setup doesn't have the frame/caliper clearance issues that you run into using factory parts when the rear is lowered.
With regarss to the Ebrake, did you eventually get yours installed & what was involved in that? I haven't seen anyone post info on that side of things.
Correct!

I plan on doing a detailed write up on the E-Brake cables here very shortly. The info will be added to my brake thread so if you subscribe to it, you should get a notification when new posts are made.