More progress on the garage

BuickMike

Money pit
I'm happy to say that I've completed another milestone on my detatched garage. My wife and son have been at her Mom's place out of state for the last 2 weeks so I've had some time to work on the shop. A couple weeks ago I demolished the block wall in front of the garage and had some guys come and build one back up. Since then I've ripped out part of my driveway and had it repoured, installed my gates, learned how to stucco my wall, painted my wall and garage doors, and hung the outdoor light fixtures. At this point things will be going a bit slower since I need to save up more cash. I still need to install outlets and switches, insulate, drywall, get electrical service to my sub panel, paint the inside, epoxy coat the floor, get AC, and a lift. Should be signed off and done (minus the lift and AC) by next spring. Of course once this thing's done I'll be too broke to work on my cars :tongue:

Attachments

• DSCF5437.JPG
    DSCF5437.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 166
it looks great ! that is a 3 car garage :eek: , i would love to have just one garage for my gn :( , i moving.... to bad i don't live around your area i like helping out a buick brother, :) i would have done all the electrical with you, ( i was an electrician for 10yrs --switched to elevators now) nice job looks a bit like vages?

Good job

Looks better now without the wall in front. Was the wall to keep you out of the garage :confused:
Amazing what you can get done without the wife "helping" :rolleyes:

no-nos said:
it looks great ! that is a 3 car garage :eek: , i would love to have just one garage for my gn :( , i moving.... to bad i don't live around your area i like helping out a buick brother, :) i would have done all the electrical with you, ( i was an electrician for 10yrs --switched to elevators now) nice job looks a bit like vages?

The detatched is actually just a large 2 car garage. It's 26ft wide, 28ft deep, and has a 12ft ceiling. Just enough room for 2 cars with a lift on one side and deep enough to be able to have good walking space between the cars and the workbench.

Thanks for the compliments! I work my ass off to be able to get this shop where it is and put food on the table for the family. I'm really proud of it so far.

441120 said:
Looks better now without the wall in front. Was the wall to keep you out of the garage :confused:
Amazing what you can get done without the wife "helping" :rolleyes:

I have a pool behind the garage, so it was easier to set it 3 feet back and leave the wall in place than to build another wall seperating the pool from the construction area.

It is hard when the wife wants to help. She actually is a real hard worker with alot of common since, but with out 1 and a half year old around only one person is working because the other is watching him. He's pretty good though. He just follows me around and mimics whatever I'm doing. :smile: