modified shifter bracket/ stage right brake

its dam near at the very bottem of it

Phil, went to the junk yard and have a couple of the plates,it is located underneath the shifter handle, looked at the pics and still can't figure out where to grind out. HELP Jr.

im making another one right now.. and i can post better pics of it hopefully tomrrow..

give me a call and ill walk ya threw it

361-368-7333

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm looking to do this mod to my Limited now that I have the valvetrain finally replaced....

Also-- Phil; I sent you a PM. Thanks!

im making another one right now.. and i can post better pics of it hopefully tomrrow..

give me a call and ill walk ya threw it

361-368-7333
Phil, Just wanted to say thanks for the help on the detent plate. Jr.

I had inquired on a J bar on another thread for using transbrakes, and found out it is for console shifted cars. I have a stagerite and a column shift setup. I also have a N/L convertor, so worrying about locking the convertor is a no worry. But my worry is mainly going into N, when popping out of 1st. I have not yet used the transbrake, it was an added bonus to my recently purchased car. At least I hope it is a bonus. Neither the guy I purchased it from or I knew about it, until I tried to do a burnout in the drive in 1st gear. I was scared poopless when the car did nothing...

I am wondering how important it is for me to this mod, if I am going to race on occasions only. I do not even know what it feels like to launch my car with it yet.

Thanks,
Mike

with this modded shifter detent you pull your shifter down into 1st,

Floor it, and bring up whatever boost psi you want.. Then pop the shifter into drive and HANG ON ... even if not racing, it makes for some serious ridiculously long burnouts...

So I take it that we pull this part out of our column, and modify it - correct?

Is the pic at the top of the page the modified part? What exactly do we dremel out?

Do you by chance have pics of before and after to see better what we need to do?

Appreciate the help quite a bit...

Mike

So I take it that we pull this part out of our column, and modify it - correct?

correct

Is the pic at the top of the page the modified part? What exactly do we dremel out?
yes
Do you by chance have pics of before and after to see better what we need to do?

im working on that, ill see what i can get done this week for you guys

Appreciate the help quite a bit...

Mike

No problem Mike

i have a metal stamping machine and can make these brackets.anyone want to send me some samples?

i need a working sample in my hand to quote a price.i can also make tv cable brackets,valve covers etc.let me know.my cnc mill can easily make plenums as well.

here are some better pics along side of the stock one..

big pics

campers%20006.jpg

campers%20007.jpg