modified factory 4 barrel intake

turbo3.8monza

i have factory alum. 4 barrel intake from a 4.1 that has been sand blasted, clear coated, port matched to felpro MS96033 gasket set, and the plenum has been extensively ported to accept a edelbrock carb. i was wanting $50 for it with a new water neck and carb studs.

Hi,
Do you have any pic of this intake? Does an rochester still fit on it? Talk a little more about this intake. I could be interested. Gimme the year and the numbers. I planned to buy one of these stock intake for my 2bbl to 4bbl upgrade.
Thanks

a quadrajet will still fit if you take out the carb studs. your not trying to keep the egr, the way i modified the plenum it block off the egr ports.there is a block cast into the front of the intake that i drilled out to make return spring bracket, its the perfect distance from the carb when you use one of those autozone chrome spring kits. if you use an eddelbrock carb, you must use inner set of bolt holes, you can only use a holley if it spreadbore(4175) no 4150 or 4160
i'll try to put some pics on here as soon as i take some

so you're telling me that the EGR is not usable anymore?
It's because I want to use it or at least to have the choice to use it or not.

nope the egr is most likely unusable, you might be able to drill into the epoxy where the egr ports used to be. you could just a dummy egr valve on it if your worried about state inspection

here is some pics of the intake. top to bottom, casting number, plenum, pass. side, and driver side

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 112
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 137
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 114
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG