Modified 1985 Corvette For Sale

JP2002LS1

1985 Chevy Corvette
Runs/drives great. This car is ready to drive daily or race at the dragstrip or road course. I am the second owner of this car. It has never been smoked in and never in an accident. I have built up this car over the past 15 months and have replaced/rebuilt the entire drivetrain, suspension, new engine, trans, rear end, etc. I built this car to run fast and handle great. I have been driving it daily for the past few months. Its never been driven in the winter or in salt. It runs low-mid 12’s in the ¼ on street tires and needs a larger stall if you want to go faster at the dragstrip. Everything has been built strong and made to drive, the only reason I am selling it is to pay off some of my law school debt.
Leather, Targa Top, Power windows, mirrors, rear hatch, locks, drivers seat, telescoping steering wheel, A/C works but could use a recharge, new stereo system.

Pictures can be seen at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/irocss86/album?.dir=/d9bc

Interior:
Interior is in good condition, no tears in seats or cracks in dash pad, the only thing wrong with the interior is a stain on the rear carpet and the usual carpet starting to peel on the doors. Gauge cluster works great.

Exterior:
Paint has some small stone chips and a 2 minor spots where it peeled about the size of a quarter, shows its age but still looks good and will be fine for a daily driver/racer. I’d rate it a 6-7 out of 10. The only exterior body modification is a Greenwood C4R hood scoop with the air inlets in the front.

Car runs excellent, drives fast and handles like its on rails.
Tons of mods, all new within the past 15 months, most more recently.

Engine 350 V8: Estimated 450hp at the crank.
-New ZZ4 shortblock, 4-bolt main block, forged crank, forged powdered rods, hypertectic aluminum pistons.
-New Melling high volume oil pump, pickup, pan, water pump.
-Comp Cams Extreme Energy Hydraulic Roller Cam 236/242 .520/.540 lift, 110 degree lobe seperation.
-Trickflow aluminum Kenny Dutweiller series heads.
-GM performance roller lifters
-Trickflow pushrods
-Trickflow aluminum full roller rockers 1.5 ratio
-ARP bolts
-Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
-Holley 750 double pumper carb with Proform main body

Ignition:
-MSD 6AL ignition box
-MSD wires
-MSD blaster 3 coil
-MSD billet distributor

Exhaust:
-Hedman headers
-basic dual 2.5” exhaust
-Hooker Aero chamber mufflers

Trans:
-Rebuilt 700R4 automatic
-Performance clutches/band, etc.
-B&M 2200 torque converter (could use a larger stall)
-B&M auxiliary trans cooler
-Moroso aluminum transmission pan with dual drain plugs
-Transgo shift kit, shifts real hard or soft depending on how you adjust the tv cable and you can shift it manually or leave it in drive.

Rear End:
-This car was originally a manual transmission car so it has the Dana 44 rear end instead of the smaller Dana 36 that auto cars had.
-the rear end was just rebuilt, all new bearings, rebuilt posi, etc.
-it has new 3.91 ratio Viper gears
-all u-joints were replaced
-to correct the speedometer for the 3.91 gears a speedo calibration box was installed and the speedometer was calibrated to the correct speed.

Suspension:
-Z51 suspension, bigger sway bars, stiffer springs, 1.96 lock to lock steering ratio, oil cooler, etc.
-R&D racing camber brace
-Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushings throughout the entire suspension.
-Bilstein shocks.
Rides very stiff and handles excellent.

Tires:
-ZR1 replica rims (silver powder coated with polished lip), some very small spots of clear coat on the lip is peeled. 17X9.5 fronts and 17X11 rears
-Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires 275/40/17 fronts, 315/35/17 rears. Fronts have about 70% tread left and rears have about 50% tread left.

Stereo:
-New Pioneer CD head unit with remote 4X50 watts
-New Pioneer 6X9 3-way speakers in the rear
-New Pioneer 6X8 4-way speaker in the doors, needs new speaker covers for the doors.

Misc.
-Stainless steel braided brake lines
-Brake bias spring
-new power steering pump/lines
-adjustable fan control module
-stainless radiator hose
-Torquemaster mini starter
-Carbon fiber shift knob
-Comp Cam vaccum canister
-Mallory adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel gauge
-new heater core
-new rear wheel bearing
-lightweight headlight conversion with new style light bulbs
There are more new parts that I just can’t remember right now.

This is a great car, I am selling it dirt cheap because I need the money quick.

$8,500
JP2002LS1@AOL.COM
(248) 921-6421
Located in Southern Michigan
John