messed with a 2003 Cobra vert

87we4turbot

Just some background on the Buick...It is my dad's he bought from the original owner..53000 pretty clean but paint is starting to fade(no garage::mad: ) The original owner had time slips for 12.5 and said he had done something else to the turbo after that should get a couple more tenths out of it. We have never run the car but it has never impressed me much. I am used to our 66 Corvette 327/350 lots of torque instant throttle response no waiting for the boost :D anyhooooooo. The other day i finally realized that there is a valve that you can turn that lets the car hit 20lbs of boost...of course the knock meter doesn't like it so i have it turned all the way back and it putting out 12lbs..used to have at 15-16 but ever since i turned it damn thing just opens all the way up when you hit it lol!!! Think if i put some loctite on the threads it would be ok??? ANYHOOOOOOO So my wife and i were heading to Comp USA to get some computer parts. up ahead i see a Cobra Vert about 4 car lengths ahead and as we leave the light he starts getting into it. i move through traffic and see him messing with 92-94 Vette...i beagn to get on it and catch up to them at the next light as it is turning green i pull up next to the Vette and he doesn't even look over get up next to the Cobra and boost it real quick and go past him....now he has two teenagers in the car and the top down...i get to the front of the pack and move over then these two coming weaving through first the Vette then the Cobra i hit it and jump in behind them...they were both pulling me which i expected from a roll but not as bad as i thought. The Vette turns off and i end up behind the Cobra and we are the first ones at the light. He takes off and i get into it but have to back off a little as he is spinning once he hooks we are both on it and i had about half a car length and it was staying right there...i was like holy hell!!!!!:eek: So we mess around a little bit from rolls here and there but i am really waiting for a light we finally catch one...i roll up and put the window down and he is snickering i ask him "Is that a 2003?" he says "Yep" I reply " I thought those things were supposed to be really fast?" I love instigating ;) He begins to explain how he is spinning all the time yada yada yada of course he would be the way he just dropped the clutch lol.. So the light starts to turn and i try to bring it up on boost got maybe 2-3lbs when light changed and i launched...luckily he just dropped the clutch again and was spinning, i put about a car length and a half on him..he was cathing up but not very quickly ran it up to about 60-65 and let out he went blowing by i just honked the horn and waved and turned into CompUSA he made a u turn and went ripping back the other way waving...was a lot of fun!!!! need less to say i am hooked on the Buick now and will probably be on here asking questions all the time......... sorry for the long story just had to tell someone :)

:D
Tune that beast back to 15# - 17# of boost so those future races won't be so close.

I hope you are running some race gas when u turn up the wick to 20psi, or you will be changing headgaskets very soon, look into getting alky injection for that car and u wont need to worry about race gas and run constant 22psi all the time..