Master cylinder leaking.....

87gninpa

WHen the master cylinder starts to leak, does the means its done? the brake light is on all of the time and the pedal goes to the floor. btw, i have the vaccum setup. also, if it is the master cylinder, what type does it use because id rather get one from the junkyard than have to go buy one

Stick a fork in it, it's done

And do not, I repeat, do not buy one from a junkyard. Master cylinders are way more affordable than they were a few years ago. Please do yourself a favor, and go buy a reman. or new one and fix it right. If won't matter how fast you can go if you can't stop. :confused:

thanks rickracer, should i just ask for a master cylinder for an 87 regal? are they the same?? also, how hard is it to replace it, ive never had to do one on any car before

9" applies to the booster, he should have a Powermaster

Just tell them the year, make, and model, and they should be able to take it from there. Most places now have a choice of new or reman. Some are pretty close in price, some aren't. New would be best most of the time, but reman is OK too. :cool:

i have the vaccuum setup, the guy at the parts store said to bring the old one in and hed match tha casting number also, it is leaking right where the master cylinder meets the brake booster. is this a bad master ctlinder, or just a bad seal???