Manifold Inlet Temp & Direct Scan

PaulRV6

I am wondering if the hot air motors have a inlet air temp sensor installed from the
factory? I have one installed in the manifold below the adapter between comp outlet and
intake man. Not sure if that is what the factory intended one to be so this is why I am asking.
My sensor is only indication a max temp of 151 F into manifold which I am sure is not correct (it is a new sensor).
Where should it be installed if there is one? What are some of your readings?

I would also like to hear from anyone running a direct scan that can give me some gm/sec air flow data. I am trying to build my fuel table so real time data would be most beneficial. My car is basically stock so I would need this data from a basic stock setup. Anyone have? Thanks

paul

Originally posted by PaulRV6
I am wondering if the hot air motors have a inlet air temp sensor installed from the factory?
No

Where should it be installed if there is one?
Air Filter before MAF

I would also like to hear from anyone running a direct scan that can give me some gm/sec air flow data. I am trying to build my fuel table so real time data would be most beneficial. My car is basically stock so I would need this data from a basic stock setup. Anyone have? Thanks paul

Don't know anyone off hand running DS.
You might want to try over in chip or scan tool section.

HTH...Bob

Direct Scan is incompatible with the hotair ECM, I am not sure wether or not it will work with DFI, you'll have to convert to the newer '87-style ECM.

Originally posted by mike85gn
Direct Scan is incompatible with the hotair ECM, I am not sure wether or not it will work with DFI, you'll have to convert to the newer '87-style ECM.
His sig says 86 with 84 motor, so I assume he's using the 86 ECM.
Never enough info. Air temps without an I/C will read close to
ambient temp. Where you have it installed your reading after
the Turbo, which will be hotter temps.

Paul is just trying to get some info to help dial in the DFI on his hot air engine. He needs some airflow vs. MAP and rpm data, which can be used to calculate the injector pw's that have to be entered into the DFI software.

So, does anyone have some turbolink data with boost sensing, mostly stock engine, especially in the idling/cruising regions and light acceleration? I think those were the areas he's most concerned about at this time.

John Estill