Making sense of someone else's... work

ravege

So I get my car minus a head unit (well, minus a lot, actually :rolleyes:). I'm up for a challenge, no biggie I think. So I find this excellent thread by garyk1970. Armed with this, I go out to the car and, whoa. I eventually sort out factory wires, but what the previous owner did - complete idiot, or was there a method to his madness? Could be two different efforts by two different previous owners given the number of splice to splices. Looking for opinions, especially on the inline fuse and the plug with what look like bulbs coming out. Car has Concert Sound 2.

Text descriptions following garyk1970's order:
Black Two Pin Plug (plug is gone):
Brown wire hanging loose
Orange wire spliced to yellow to an inline 15A fuse to yellow

Black Four Ping Plug (plug is gone):
Yellow spliced to red spliced to red again (yeah...)
Black and Grey go to a black connector out of which come what appear to be small bulbs (see photos)
There is a pink wire zip tied to another bundle of wires, not sure if it's the pink that belonged with this group

Dash and Door speakers (plugs are gone):
Dark Green x2 spliced to gray spliced to a tinted translucent wire
Light Green x2 spliced to gray/blk spliced to a tinted translucent wire
Tan x2 spliced to purple wire
Gray x2 spliced to a purple/blk wire
These wires are zip tied with a black ground, a pink wire (from the power plug?) plus a green/green-black pair and a gray/gray-black pair. I haven't tracked down where the grey and green pairs route to, they go behind the glovebox.

Rear speakers (plug is gone):
Yellow spiced to green
Brown spliced to green/blk
Dark Blue spliced to white/blk
Light Blue spliced to white

Attachments

• IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3105.jpg
    IMG_3105.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 55