lsx turbo coversion with A/C

incharge

Has anyone done a lsx with Turbo conversion and been able to keep the A/C please show some pics ,

Doing one right now, Ill post pics in the next few days. We had to trim the frame for compressor clearance and move the engine forward. This is using a complete Cadillac front acc drive.

Doing one right now, Ill post pics in the next few days. We had to trim the frame for compressor clearance and move the engine forward. This is using a complete Cadillac front acc drive.

Louie, what yr is the Caddy frt drive U R referring to ??

Chuck its the GM Caddi kit. In hind sight with the motor mounted forward , the 5067 kit may have worked better although its a tad wider at the AC bracket. I only say this because of the alternator vs steering box clearance.

Additional Images

Turbo TYPHOON the GM parts Direct show no matching parts #, can you check the # again pls.

thx
Lenny

I am planning on running this set up, shorter a/c lines and no need to cut the frame up or any need to lift engine to replace compressor. http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html and they have a setup for truck, fbody or vette accessory set ups. I ran the truck setup that I modified in my 71 Nova with the edelbrock LS intake plan on doing same in the T-type if I yank the hot air setup in favor of turbo LS power.