LSPBC Road Trip to Mary's Cafe in Strawn, TX Saturday May 31st.

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Mary's Cafe
119 Grant ave
Strawn TX 76475
Ph 254 672 5741

Road trip Saturday May 31st.

World famous chicken fried steak, it's so big it has it's own plate! It's been on the Travel channel and Texas Country reporter and has been voted the best in TX!

There will be two meeting points, one in Dallas area and one in Ft Worth area. For the Dallas area guys we will meet at the Main Post office at Sylvan and I30 at 8am sharp and then on to the Ft. Worth stop to meet up with everyone else and on to Mary's from there.

We had discussed the Ft Worth stop at a HEB in Willow Park on I-20 just a few miles past where I-30 and I-20 come together.

Rob D. sent me a email and had a better route going up Hwy 199 (Jacksboro Hwy) from the Lake Worth area. He'll chime in and we can discuss the meeting point for the Ft Worth side.

The discussion is located here...
http://www.lspbcforums.net/lspbc.ya...y-s-Cafe-in-Strawn--TX-Saturday-May-31st.aspx

Last edited:
I would be interested in this road trip. I have been looking at it for a while and wondering why there have been so few responding. Tell ya what, after meeting some people this last weekend at the Texas Buick Nationals I am almost game for anything. I am in unless something unforeseen comes up. :wtf:

I'm in, seems like there are a bunch of threads to this on various boards or distros. I guess we will wait till the date gets a little closer to decide where to meet, but I had suggested we take some back roads going out Hwy199 past Springtown then cutting off on some smaller country roads around Poolville...its a route I take to get to PK lake, rather than just taking I-20 all the way there....we can take I-20 back if you choose, depending on time I may or may not on the way back as we have plans later that day. If we just do highway then I'm in but probably not in the Buick.

I would be interested in this road trip. I have been looking at it for a while and wondering why there have been so few responding. Tell ya what, after meeting some people this last weekend at the Texas Buick Nationals I am almost game for anything. I am in unless something unforeseen comes up. :wtf:

I'd say we have about 15 cars going right now and that may grow a little by may 31st. I think we'll probably overrun Mary's, she won't know what hit her. lol

As far as the trip from Ft Worth I think we'll take Rob's route. I just need the best meeting place? The meet for the Dallas folks will stay the same. Main Post Office Sylvan ave and I-30 west at 8am.

There is also more discussion on the LSPBC forum

Can meet in the Albertson's parking lot on Hwy 199 at Boat Club Rd. in Lake Worth. I tried to plot this on Google maps but it kept trying to place the pins to the nearest city.....

Travel west on Hwy 199 for about 30 miles.
Turn left on FM 920 to Poolville for 3 miles.
Turn right on East Lone Star Rd. and go about 10 miles.
In Whitt, you will take a slight right then left which turns into Hwy 52/Main St.
Turn left on Hwy 281 and go 2 miles.
Turn right on Hwy 254/E. Lee Ave.
Continue on Hwy 254 for about 16 miles going through Graford.
At the Hwy 16 split, go left towards the south.
Continue on Hwy 16 for 32 miles, making a left and then a right crossing Hwy 180.
Hwy 16 turns into Grant Ave.
Arrive at Mary's.

Should be about 1hr 45 min to 2hr drive.

That all sounds good to me, the Ft Worth meet time is 9am so that should put us at Mary's in good shape.

I will copy those directions over to the LSPBC forum.

So how many are going on this? I've invite a few folks in my area that are car folks but none have committed.

I spoke to Mary's cafe again yesterday just to remind them we are coming. I suspect between 20 and 30 people in our group. There are no reservations, it is first come first serve. They open at 11am.

There is some scattered showers for Saturday but they are forecast-ed for the southeast to the southwest so this should not bother us.

Dallas group 8am sharp please. Main Post office Exit# 43B off of I-30 West, one exit before Sylvin. We will leave from there by 815am.

Ft Worth group 9am at the Albertsons 6308 Lake Worth blvd at Boat club road. Lake Worth, TX 76135. we'll leave no later than 930am going west on 199.

Last edited:
Here is what you missed!

Marys12.jpg

Nice. Any pix of the participants and vehicles?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here are a few and there is some more on Facebook on the lspbc page.
Marys4.jpg

Meeting up in Ft Worth.
Marys6.jpg

Pit stop.
Marys8.jpg

Marys10.jpg

At Marys.
Marys23.jpg

Marys22.jpg

Photo shoot afterward in Strawn across from the Cafe.

Awesome! One of these days I'm going to have a car operational so we can participate. Great pix. Link to the fb?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app