low/reverse clutch housing removal

squeeze87

HI All,
Do any of you trans guys have a way to remove this thing without buying a $100 piece of plastic to lock on to it? I dont mind spending money on tools but I'll probably never use it more than twice! I'm a moldmaker by trade so I can build it if you have dimensions. Thanks!

Tool

It is not a platic thing. It is a tool the spreads out and catches bushing from behind to remove. So make a plastic peice oblong then slide over output shaft and twist. Lock it under bushing. Sometimes these can be very stubborn so make it out of good material. If you were closer I would lend you mine. And I think mine was 39.99 and does the 125's too. :)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Tool

Thanks Bruce,
Where did you buy yours? I looked at the Kent-moore website and this tool is 100 dollars! Also on a unrelated subject, I'm looking for your post on pump modifications/blueprinting as mentioned in "strenghtening 2004r". Can't find it. Did 2 searches, one under "pump modifications" and 1 with just your user name, with 246 hits I may have missed it, what was the name of the post? Thanks.

I am going to post another Chapter tonight on the valve spring thing. I am around tonight. I only have a few as wife has plans for me but let me look and I will repost if I can find it. Keep cking back..
Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

You can borrow mine

Hey squeeze,

You can borrow mine if you need it. Just e-mail me out your address and i'll ship it out to you. Mike

GREAT!!!

I LIKE THAT!!!! :D:D

Hey Blackplague???

You just earned yourself either a favor or a little discount anytime you need something. Just let me know and remind me. Class act and thanks for the offer. Thats what its all about .... helping out others.. Even if he doesnt take you up on it , you got one in the bank at my place....:)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Thanks!

I e-mailed BlackPlague and thanked him, but I got that thing out by other means. Going back in, I will take him up on the offer as I did wreck the bushing pulling it out. JUst didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring his offer!:D

Bruce, thank you very much.

Bruce,
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I'll give you a call next week. Thanks again. Mike

squeeze87
Ck you e-mail. I just sent it out.

I too, did a " pump modification " search, along with every other adjective for that term /search. Unable to find it. I'm more than happy to wait for someone to chime in with " X" marks the spot. I know......busy, busy, busy. Thanks in advance, whoever you are!;) pump modification

Paul Rogowski (spelling?) in Atlanta posted the thread. I can't remember either but I will find. Also Rob, gimme shout when you can. I got the sump. will play with tommorrow......I am trying ....I really am :)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Paul Rigowski, ( you had his name in another post/thread) tried his name under search, no luck yet. I'm searchin' too!;)

Pump Mods

I talked with Paul last night. Seems the post got sent into never never land in July when the server went down. However, with the detail I wrote it , he said he has a copy and will send it to me on Mon as he is at Reynolds Georgia meet this weekend. If not I will rewrite and post. Just trying to save some valuable time. I WILL have up by next week .
I promise..... Been really swapped with two employees on vacay last week. All should return to normal (whatever that means, define normal) on Monday. I am at shop today, as I type this, trying to catch up.:)

Thanks
Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Got tool!

Purchased the clutch removal tool on ebay for $23.50! I'm having S&S sales (the company that sells them) look for a clutch spring compressor tool, He thinks they have them for $40 and will check tomorrow at their warehouse. Thanks to all that responded and helped, especially BlackPlague!!

Cool! Others have asked, so I will post KD part #.

KD Tools #2843 GM Lo/Reverse installer/remover tool

:)

Kurt
aka Chvl66 on TB chat