Low pressure diagnostic help needed

Looks like that would be an issue for sure :) I would not trust that unit after the checkball and now this...seems very odd it me I have never heard of either trick.

Looks like that would be an issue for sure :) I would not trust that unit after the checkball and now this...seems very odd it me I have never heard of either trick.
I'll definetly go over everything real well before buttoning it up and putting it back in. The guy that I got it from told me the pump had been drilled and it had something to do with tc lock-up. I saw where the seal drain had been drilled out and where to cage/check-ball was removed from the input shaft so assumed he got things a little mixed up. I can't imagine from where it would have been pulling fluid from or why.

I think I found the problem. I cleaned everything up getting ready to do the final assembly on the pump View attachment 159624 and decided to pull the pump out of a core to compare it to. I found where a 1/4" hole had been drilled and tapped into the port that the filter slips up into. The hole was higher up than the filter neck reaches so it was allowing the pump to pull in air instead of fluid. Any idea what this hole is there for? Should I be looking for any other modifications elsewhere that could relate to this?

This hole was drilled to accept a Precision Industries lock up assist tube. You can get one from Precision Industries or plug the hole with a pipe thread plug. You'll only use the lock up assist tube if you plan on locking the convertor during full throttle operation. If you don't have a convertor with multiple clutch discs your convertor won't live long doing this generally. Precision Industries is the manufacturer of the vigilante multi disc lock up torque convertor that many of us use.

Hi Bnewsom,
I am having similar issue with my 2004r. My idle line pressure is at a 50-55psi. Did you figure out what your low pressure issue was. How did you fix your issue?