Lots of Stage 2 parts

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
I've got too much going on at my shop for the next year or so and that leaves no time to get my own car running. So, I'm contemplating stepping away from the stage 2 motor and just putting together something simpler for now. I've been collecting all the parts for a few months now and have almost everything but a block, pistons and cam. I'll be keeping the rotating assembly parts, but everything else can go.

Stage 2 heads, complete, matching and ready to go. 0031 castings with 2.08, 1.6 stainless valves. They have had some minor deck surface damage in the past, but it has been very nicely repaired.
Carb intake. Ported, setup for on-center and freshly converted to EFI.
Sheetmetal throttlebody elbow any angle you want.
Accufab 90mm TB
Sheetmetal valve covers
Jesel Rockers 1.6int., 1.65 ex.
Isky lifters and rev kit
Milodon gear drive
stage 2 front cover
peterson single stage external oil pump w/ scavenge filter
cv products remote filter mount and 6 wix racing filters
set of 1/2" header flanges.
spare set of isky lifters
some random t&D shaft mount rockers and shaft
spare stage 2 timing cover

I've bargain shoppped all this stuff over time and I've got $3800 in the parts. I would sell it as a package for $3500 and consider trades. I could build a set of headers to go with this for a little bit more if your patient. If your really intersted, pm me and we can talk details.

Mike, you almost have everything.. Don't do it! If you just want to get the car up and running, put a HotAir 109 longblock in the car for a few hundred bucks..

If I could find a cheap on-center block there would be no question I would put the stage motor together. I'm getting frustrated and impatient trying to find one. It seems easier and cheaper to buy a whole motor than it is just a block.

Hang in there Mike, you know the day after you sell this stuff there is going to be 4 or 5 OC blocks up for sale! Frustration comes with owning a Buick!

Hang in there Mike, you know the day after you sell this stuff there is going to be 4 or 5 OC blocks up for sale! Frustration comes with owning a Buick!
It's funny and ironic how right you are. After coming up with dead ends for three months, in less than a day I now have 4 options to choose from.

I've got a virgin oc block for $3000.
I had practically given up on finding a virgin block. I'm not sure I need one, but if it comes to that I'll get back with you. Right now that's outside my budget.

It's funny and ironic how right you are. After coming up with dead ends for three months, in less than a day I now have 4 options to choose from.

I had practically given up on finding a virgin block. I'm not sure I need one, but if it comes to that I'll get back with you. Right now that's outside my budget.
OK just let me know.

Well, I finally bought an on-center block this week, so I'm carrying forward with the stage 2 motor. Thanks to all that offered blocks.

I do still have a few items I would like to sell.

Spare timing cover. $65 shipped
CIMG0874.jpg

Spare T&D rockers $50 for all shipped
CIMG0873.jpg

Spare set of Isky offset .842 solid roller lifters $100 shipped
CIMG0872.jpg

I also have a Milodon gear drive with all hardware and instructions for $175 I'll sell the gear drive and stage front cover for $225 shipped. Or, if you want a stock style front cover, I have one that I have a nice on that I can modify (mill and weld) for the gear drive for $100.

And a pair of 1/2" thick mild steel stage 2 header flanges $110.

if you want a stock style front cover, I have one that I have a nice on that I can modify (mill and weld) for the gear drive for $100.

MeanMike, I'd like to take you up on this deal if its still on the table. I need a stock style front cover thats been modified for use with a gear drive. LMK my paypal is awaiting your reply.