Looking for info on diy alky kits...

67gsconv

67gsconv
Hi,
I was looking for information on diy alky kits and the parts list to build one. i know there are several ones on the net and on this site, but I was wondering about Steve Monroe's kit that he came up with. The links available for his plans don't seem to work. I know that it was in the early '2000's, but if anyone has his parts list and directions, please post them. Or, if someone has a new kit idea and plans? I am on a budget and fairly mechanically inclined, but, if the bucks were there, I would buy one of the currently available setups. Thanks again.

67gsconv

I am on a budget and fairly mechanically inclined, but, if the bucks were there, I would buy one of the currently available setups. Thanks again.
my thoughts would be to wait till the time is right for you and get an alkycontrol kit.its pretty much plug and play for a grand national.the kit is built to last and has lots of rd behind it that could save you a trip down headgasket lane.inmo you will be ahead of the game and be much safer especially if you want to turn up the boost.

Your savings would only be a couple of hundred dollars. Save up and do it right. Besides, if you need some advice there is nothing close to calling the actual person that designed the kit. You won't get that important aspect of alky injection with a slapped together kit. His kit is also capable of using straight M1 unlike other kits/parts.

I would buy one of the currently available setups. Thanks again.
There is only one available set-up. No other.

And don't be too concerned that there will be a new and better one available soon either. Because if they get better than this, he will also keep current and provide what is necessary to upgrade.

Once alcohol is part of the tuning equation, it must be dependable. My XFI is set up to provide 20% more fuel if the alky doesn't work. But that's really not enough. The timing also comes into play, as well as the intake air temps and a whole bunch of little things in the tune like the time it takes to respond to the missing alky.

In short, a system that isn't there when you expect it to be means you could end up with a lot of broken parts.

If you wan't to save a few dollars.......this is the best way.

I think i did a writeup on my home made kit. It worked great.
i got adjustable switches from ebay something like $14.00 each high amp relay and high amp fuse good pump and you should be good to go.
super easy
try searching my posts i might have done a writeup.