Looking for an Engine Rebuilder....

billsgn

Hard Member
Anyone know of a local engine rebuilder who has experience with the turbo Buicks? Looks like my plan to have some fun in the spring and rebuild in the summer has changed since my poor car is burning some serious oil....:(

I need to find someone who can do this real soon since this car is my daily driver.

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

How's it going with the head gasket? i figure you've been busy, haven't seen any posts from you or Frank lately.

Thanks again for dropping off the convertor at Dave's. I think he is going to be done by Monday (President's day), which is right in line with my prediction and just in time for the rain!

Chris

Headgasket....

Once we got the heads off, we saw that the cylinders looked pretty worn (shiny) so I decided to go with a complete rebuild. I ended up getting an engine from a friend of Geno's in Idaho. It is a fresh rebuild out of an 87 with std sized bearings, rings and had some head work. I plan on rebuilding my original later and may possibly go a little crazy with it. ;)

Holy smokes!

What is the estimated completion time now? You will probably still be back on the road before me.

Chris

haha....

That would be my goal Chris! ;)

When I dropped off your converter, Dave told me that he was going to finish your car this Wed. What happened with that? Now the scheduled date is next Monday? I hope my car is finished by then. I will be working on it every night until it is finished. I get the engine tonight and will start prepping it for install.

Dave told me "by Wednesday" several Wednesday's ago. It seems like something always comes up that interferes with the completion of my car. I think this week, he had someone out due to wisdom teeth.....

Wednesday....

I got my engine tonight with Franks help. What a great friend. First he loans me a car to drive, and then offers to help me pick up the engine....Thanks Frank!!! :)

I hope to have the engine installed by Monday.

That's great!

Kudo's to Frank (and you).

Thanks again for taking your stall convertor out of your car and dropping it off at the tranny shop so it could be installed in my car, and telling me to pay you later. All this for a guy you just met once!

You, Frank and Dan have been a great help!

BTW, I am going to pick up the car later today.

Chris

What????

You are getting your car back before I get mine running??? ;)

Great news! I'm sure you will be very pleased with Dave's work. Takes his time, but gets it right! :D

BTW, if you want, just leave the $$$ with Dave. Tell him I will be by to pick it up next time I'm in the area. What time did he say to pick up the car?

I am going to leave here (Downtown Seattle) around 10 or 11 and take the bus there to pick it up. Hopefully between 11 and 12. I will leave the $$$ with Dave for you.

He said it ran good last night and will feel like a new car!:D :D

I can hardly wait.

I can't believe I beat you...

Cool....

maybe I will meet you there. I have to pickup a trans cooler from Dave anyways....

haha....

I'm not sure if I can get away from the shop, but I will try. Call me when you get near Dave's shop and if I can, I will be there.

Thanks....

Bill/Chris

Thanks for the kinds words. Just keep the cycle of kindness going.

Bill,

Your just about ready to fire this bad boy up!!!

Engine is in and running!!!

Thanks again Frank for your help. We took the car for a drive and all I can say is....OMG!!! I don't know if I can keep from laying into it while I am breaking it in. Power feels smooth and strong. I need to dial in the ME as the car is running really rich right now. I guess rich is better than lean on a new engine. I can't wait for Dyno day to see what this beast can do.

Bill