Looking for 98-05 Blazer S-10 2WD front spindles & brake calipers

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Looking to start on my front end and need to get a pair of front spindles off a 98-05 2wd s-10 blazer and also need the calipers and brackets. The calipers and brackets can be junk cores, as I will be getting new stuff from the parts store anyways. Thanks.

I ll be going to Harrys You Pull It junkyard in PA next weekend for the same thing- last time i was there ,there was about 50 of the S-10s & blazers-if i get some i ll let you know.

Ebay

S-10 wherehouse sells them. I think he gets $300 a set.

49-blues if you need an erta set of hands an pass threw NJ I'll come an help. Mike

spindles

I have a question, what is so special about those spindles? Do they lower the car or something or allow a brake upgrade.:confused:

Wow thanks for posting this! I called this guy and he had both sides and he only wanted $60 for them! No hubs, but I was going to buy new ones anyways. Now I just need calipers and brackets.

AWESOME!! I know he was fairly close too right? Dyer I thought I saw. Anyways Im glad it worked out for you. Im going to be buying new calipers for mine shortly too -

im pretty sure you can buy the calipers/brackets together through rockauto fairly cheap - but you probably can get those brackets from a boneyard pretty easy - i think the calipers/brackets are the same on the 4x4 s10 blazers, its just the spindle/hub that is unique. Also, ive read that you can have the spindle bore machined to allow you to use the cheaper hubs - i put a link in the 11" brake thread where i saw this info....

I just finished powdering mine last weekend, you can see them here...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/310338-normal-2.html

last page.

I just finished this conversion. very easy. I used the break line off the stock gn caliper no adapters. good luck! check you local junk yard I picked mine up for... spindles $30ea and calipers $10ea. I got part store rotors and pads.

Awesome...ya I can't believe more people haven't done this conversion. Maybe not everyone knows about it. Only thing that costs alot is the hubs but I will probably have around $500 or so in this entire conversion compared to like $1500 for a Baer or equivlant setup. Plus all the parts are off the shelf!

Oh ya, I'm also doing a disc conversion on the rears. I think I will have around $500 in that setup also. Using LT1 rear disc components. 11" brakes on all 4's!

if your going to buy new hubs Id really look into machining that spindle bore - the money you spend on it will be about the same and then when they go bad it would be very much more cost effective - i just didn't do it with mine YET cuz the hubs i got are useable for now...

straight from the website I found talking about the spindle bore...

"Hubs:
The correct 2wd 98+ S10 Blazer hubs should be purchased off ebay as it's the
only place with reasonable prices. The BCA part# is 513200. 4wd hubs do not
interchange! The hub diameter where the hub slides into the knuckle is 3.62" on
the 4wd and the 2wd 98+ Blazer is 3.50" For my personal vehicles I am machining
my Belltech knuckles to 3.62" to use the lower priced 4wd hubs. BCA part#
513013 has no ABS and is the least expensive hub available. Approximately 1/3
the price. "

Thanks good info! Definitely going with the cheaper hubs. A little machine work won't hurt anything;)