Log file: switching from e85 to 93

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
Hey guys. Pulled a log cruising on the highway today anyone willing to take a look to see what needs improvement? Im seeing some lean numbers in low load around 1000 rpm. Adjusting with a Maf-t Pro. Still not sure exactly what settings to manipulate but I'm guessing for this it would be low load @~1000 rpm? From what I gather those percentages add fuel to the curve? Still learning from scratch here.

Also, didn't pull a WOT yet. Accidentally filled with 89 and afraid to get it into boost.
Also, including a file from a few minutes after start up just down the street. The car keeps stalling out at idle in gear. So like when im reversing or parking it shuts off... which is really frustrating when trying to parallel park in the city lol.

Attachments

• highway cruise.dat
    246.6 KB · Views: 85
  • idle - up to 35.dat
    225.8 KB · Views: 86
Just dropped in the new extender pro chip from full throttle! I've attached the log. The main issue now is that the car is struggling to idle. she wants to die out at around 800 rpm and did so a few times. Also, at cruising speeds it stumbles a bit. Finally, My AFR is not keeping up with boost. I have tracking still set to around 10.7 but don't see those numbers till after a wot run winds down. In boost Im more around 14 even 15! I only did a few pulls because of this. No knock at all though at least. My tracking gain is set to 34.4 I think but changing it up or down didn't really help. I've also had to add a ton of fuel to the main scale as compared to the e85 chip. Any advise guys?

Attachments

• 9-7-14 take 2.dat
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Your still lean. Need to add more fuel. What is mainscale setting now?

Rick

Set to 4 now. Was running great with 3 on the previous chip. I also added a lot to each load setting. for example lo 800 was set from 3% to now 8% and each point increases a percentage point up the scale. (sorry I dont know the appropriate terminology.)

Did a quick test just now. Started the car from cold and it idled just fine. AFR was bouncing between 12 and 14 but averaged mid 13's. As RPMs went down it died while it was still reading a 13.5. Is that too lean for it to idle? I feel like thats where idled before on my previous chip.

Car stalled out at a light and wouldn't run. Mp was at 65 with car off. Reset the ECM with orange wire and set the blm to 4. Still no start but mp went to ~65 second attempt ~75 idles for a second and dies. One more time and it shows. 99.4 running again but stumbling a bit at idle.

Double checked Fuel pressure with a gauge and it is set at the appropriate 45lb's with no vacuum attached. Car idled amazingly when vacuum was disconnected. (n)

Im attaching a couple of logs. The important one is 9.10.14 sputter.dat. That one I started the car after driving for a while (already warm) and it sputtered really badly at idle. Didn't do any driving just idled for a bit, shifted in gear and idled then shut it off. Then there is a bit of rough driving in sputter 2. Installed my e85 chip (ran much much better) then back to gas.

I don't know if it is related but when the gas chip is in the MP values (key on car off) like to drift around 70-90. It will start but die immediately with this value. When I swapped the e85 chip in it shot up to 99 and ran ok. I put the e85 back in last night and have watched the MP value all day. 99 this morning, 99 after driving to work, 99 just now after checking during a break. Could the chip cause issues with the MAP sensor? I have traced the wires through the engine bay and all look good. Still have to check the MAP wiring under dash into my (currently unused) alky system.

Attachments

• 9.10.14 e85 chip.dat
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 9.10.14 gas chip again.dat
    100.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 9.10.14 sputter 2.dat
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 9.10.14 sputter.dat
    50.9 KB · Views: 66
okay car ran fine all day yesterday and then started to crapped out at a light after driving about 50 miles even on though it had the e85 chip. Pushed the car to a safe spot (always embarassing:oops:) and sure enough my map values were around 85 but were jumping all over the place. reset the ecm several times but nothing seemed to affect the map value. Finally it shot up to 95ish for seemingly no reason which allowed me to start but it ran like crap until I got on the gas. It seems as though once the computer is in closed loop the car will run fine despite the map values. Im assuming thats becasue at that point the computer is tuning based off a table and not the map.

Got it home and the values were still in the 80s so I threw in the towel for the night. This morning the values were still hovering at around 85. I pulled the plug off the map for a second and hooked back up and it went to a solid 98 and ran pretty good! I don't think the problem is the chip then, either the map wiring isn't grounding well or the sensor is borked. Does this logic sound right? Would a failing sensor cause a low value instead of just sticking at 1.1? I'm new to this.:smuggrin:

There you go. Sounds like a flaky connection at the map sensor. Could just be the plug itself.

The green wire is the map signal that the pro and pl are seeing. I don't know where the map wire was tapped on that car. It could be close to the map itself or under the dash. Do you see a green wire tapped on the map green wire? Snap a pic of the map sensor and harness.

Rick

Good thing I drive the GN to work on Fridays ;)

Looks like the green wire is coming from a separate harness. I assume the brown connection is from a stock 2-bar? Connections look good, no corrosion but as you can see in the last picture it looks like flux is seeping out of that splice there. Might mean a splice is coming undone from heat.

Attachments

• Photo Sep 12, 9 17 13 AM.jpg
    Photo Sep 12, 9 17 13 AM.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo Sep 12, 9 18 00 AM.jpg
    Photo Sep 12, 9 18 00 AM.jpg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo Sep 12, 9 18 28 AM.jpg
    Photo Sep 12, 9 18 28 AM.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 70
So in digging around I found this link: MAP Install. I bet I disturbed the wiring when I pulled the ECM. (is disconnecting the ECM required for install? I can get to the chip without pulling it.)

No obvious wiring issues. Traced Map back to the PL input. Computer connection wasn't fully seated but didn't appear to impact map reading in any way. Tried jiggling every wire I could find related to it and nothing affected the reading. Anyways, swapped the gas chip back in. Running a lot smoother now but still some rough idling. Seemed to get better as I drove. I attached the PL file. Definitely still lean under boost but not as bad. Will be richening up the maps but its way off the 10.7 that I have enabled in AF tracking(n)

Moving on to the smoke issue but may have to revisit this if the map dumps out on me again. Ill probably order another sensor in the mean time.

Attachments

• 9.12.14 gas chip.dat
    1.1 MB · Views: 70