Local track rules

TRBON8R

How stringent are the rules at Carlsbad or Fontana regarding our cars having longer wheel studs when running slicks? I'd like to see if I can get ahold of a set of cheapo slicks and wheels just so I can see what the car will do on slicks in full race trim. I don't have the longer wheel studs though. Since my car is mostly a street car I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of installing longer studs unless ablsolutely necessary for safety. Hell the first time I put slicks on the car I'll probably get tossed for not having a roll bar anyway. ;)

The "rule" is that the stud must protrude through the wheel the same length as the diameter of the stud. So if you've got your slicks mounted on say, stock T-type wheels, or another wheel with a tapered lugnut seat , you should be okay. If you've got Welds, or something with a long-shank lug nut, then you're prolly not okay.

hey ben they really are not that strict i took my car to irwindale and did not have longer studs nor did the studs potrude from the nuts and i was ok when they did the inspection, i also have a friend with a set of slicks that he wants to get rid off they are 9x28x15 mounted on wheels with the tires studded so they dont spin on the rimm, let me know if your interesed and i will find the price for you, i know they are hell cheap but cant remember exactly what he was asking for them, they still have a good 10 to 12 passes to go on them. i did a 1.7 60 foot at irwindale with those tires bogging off the line.

Ben,

If you're interested I have a pair of American Racing Outlaw II 15x8" aluminum wheels that I used to use when I ran 26x10" slicks with tubes. They have a nice thin hub and look like this:

http://www.wheelsforless.com/images/AoutlawIIt.jpg

These wheels were drilled for rim screws, which I have if you want 'em. I also have new AR centercaps as well. Both the wheels and screws have been languishing in my garage for months now since I switched to newer Welds & 28x10s.

Regards,
Morgan
mkthayden@msn.com