Load questions and tuning help

JSD69Vette

I can really use some help. I posted on this prior, but I am being more specific in the hope that someone will have a better understanding of my issue and can help.

Just installed GenII Translator+, Extreme G chip and LS1MAF. I'm trying to set the initial tune on the car and would like some advice. I've read the instruction manual several times over and still can't quiet master it.

First some simple questions so that I have an understanding of this process. I have no experience with this level of sophistication as all my experience is with early Buick and Chevy engines and I've no-one around for support.

1) can someone please explain Lo-Load, Mid-Load & High-load ranges to me?

2)There are two different setting areas that the GenII allows for the adjustment of load ranges:

A) Lo-Load Pt., Mid-Load Pt. & High-Load Pt.

B) AF Lo-Load, AF Mid-Load & AF High-load across RPM ranges @ 400 RPM increases.

Can someone please explain the difference?

3) When I see user's explain they are setting timing at 19/17 what does this mean? I think it's in regard to 1st & 2nd gear timing, but have trouble understanding the relationship to RPM and heavy and light throttle use, e.g, if you are on the throttle hard, wouldn't the shift points be higher than if just cruising?

4) I have my timing set to 18* across all RPM ranges, yet my scanmaster reads 25* at idle, please explain?

Now here is my situation:

Setup: I have followed the setup instructions and all System Setting are at default parameters.

Issue: Car runs good, but idle BLM is about 122. When cruising, from 30MPH to 60MPH the BLM's drop to around 116. When I get on the car, WOT, so far the BLM's are @ 128.

In an attempt to adjust idle BLM to appro. 128, I tried to use AF Lo-Load and the current parameters I set them at are as follows:All parameters start @ 400 RPM & end @ 5800.

+3.%, +2%, +2%, +1%, +.5%, +1%, 0, +1.5%, +1.5%, +2.5%, +4.5%

In an attempt to adjust cruise BLM to appro. 128, I tried to use AF Mid-Load and the current parameters I set them at are as follows:All parameters start @ 400 RPM & end @ 5800

-31%, -50.5%, -48%, -48%, -44.5%, -44%, -45%, -43.5%, -45%, -46.5%, -27.5%

Am I going about this incorrectly?

I saw a thread on Full Throttle's site that instructed a user to use MainScale parameters for cruise BLM adjustment as follows (same issue as mine):

Use the mainscale adjustment to +/- fuel for cruise blm. 40-50 MPH. You won't do much 100 mph cruising. Once you have that set let the car idle and see where your blms are. If you need to adjust idle blm's use low load tune and +\- fuel at 800-1200 RPM.

ARF Tracking is for WOT. It will correct fuel when the user settings are met.

( TPS, RPM, etc)

Post your settings in AFR tracking, we'll make sure your getting into tracking.

5) what is AFR tracking and should I be checking this parameter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have. I am trying a double barrell attack. Thanks for that info. You might say I'm anxous because of my lack of knowledge.