Little red riding hood and the wolf

Texas gn

Well, here it goes… I was planning a trip to the race track last night but there was rain in the area so one of the guys at work decided that he was not going to get his Gt-500 out. My boss ( he has the tuned and modified 08 vette) and I kept watching the weather then decided it was not going to be fun driving back in the rain with MT drags on so we cancelled. When he was walking out the front door he said “bring that old car around front and I will show it what the tail lights on the Red corvette look like! I told him I will go get the big bad wolf and introduce it to his little red riding hood. I did not think too much about it and walk to the back of the parking lot to the GN, he always makes a comment like that when he brings the vette to work. Anyways, I pull around front and he is waiting for me. Now I am wishing I would of let some air out of the tires and brought my PL.
We play a little cat and mouse through traffic but really can’t do much so we turned onto a four lane back road. During our cat and mouse episode we attracted a fan club which consisted of two good old boys in a pickup truck. I even think they jump a ditch and ran through an old barbwire fence to follow us when we made the turn off. That was funny! We got lined up and with no waiting around…no warming tires or much boost building we were off with a cloud of tire smoke behind us. The Vette was sideways and Buick would not hook either, this continue for a hundred feet or so of pedaling the cars. Neither one of us wanted to get out of it because we were side by side! When the Buick hooked so did the vette and the GN was off to the races and pulled a half of car length around 70 mph, and continued to hold the vette off until around 100 mph.
Then a cloud of dark smoke started pouring out the back of my GN. I shut it down and pulled over to the side and popped the hood. Remember the fan club? Will they showed up yelling “that the coolest race I have ever seen!!! Can’t believe you guys stayed in it! Frig’n Cool! A tow strap and the company truck later, I got the car back to work. (I you ever have to do this “Remove the strap from the car before you go home or you will be answering question for a hour the next day” I have been welding some ramps this morning to load the car up and take it home.....now it time to start the wish list! Ported heads, 204-212 cam, I wonder what my wife is going to say?:confused: Oh yea forgot to tell ya what i found wrong ....can ya say milk shake?

Thanks, as it turned out I blew the head gasket on #1 cylinder…..which from what I understand is not typical. Maybe something is going on with the 60lb injector? I will get into that later. The new cam and ported head should all be here this week so maybe by mid next week it will be alive again. By the way, it turns out my Boss has been sand bagging me about his vette. It has more done to it than just an exhaust system, headers, cold air intake and a tune. It has also had a cam change too. He showed me the dyno sheet and it was making 478 rwh..Is that Z06 territory? I am starting to wonder if I can take him in the quarter mile once he put his DR’s on it. Humm.