Lexus LS430

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
So I didn't know what an LS430 was until today.....I'm approaching a light in the GN, it's 100 degrees out, got the A/C cranked, and I see this land yacht Lexus weavin' and bobbin' through traffic trying to get pole position at the light. It finally docks in the far right lane, a lane that ends a few hundred feet after the light. I pull up behind it. In order for this to play out right, the Lexus has to beat at least the car to it's left, but preferably both cars to its left, in order for me to have an opening. There was no doubt I'd smoke this barge if I had an opening.

Light turns green, this Lexus boat takes off like a bat outta hell, smokes everything sitting at the light and goes to the far left lane. Totally unprepared for such a spectacle, I floor the GN and blow by the Lexus in the middle lane. I easily blew past it, but not as easily as I figured. I immediately checked the 'Net when I got home. The LS430 is a sub-6.0 second 0-60 car. Kewl.

The punch line is that after I blew by it, I checked the rear view to see who was piloting it. It was some gray haired lady....with what appeared to be her REALLY, really old mom in the passenger seat. Looked like she was hauling a corpse around. Good for her, though, giving it the 'ol college try against the black menace that I call my GN.

Jim

Gotta keep an eye out for those, if one gets the drop on ya it'll surprise ya. I have a LS 400 as my daily driver it's surprised many a Mustang driver:cool: no one expects a big ole Lexus to move like that:D Good kill bro.