leaded fuel & synthetic oils mix?

1 quik6

I am the general manager of a small pontiac buick gmc dealership. I have recently lost my service manager so I have been filling in writing RO's for the last month or so. Last week I had a very unique man being very specific that he wanted his oil change done with a semi-synthetic oil.

As we were waiting for his vehicle to be complete he started telling me that he used to be an airplane mechanic. His claim was that a sythetic fuel doesn't work for applications where leaded fuel is being used. He said that the sythetic doesn't disipate the lead molecules and they end up clumping together. He said that after wrecking a few expensive airplane engines with the sludge residue created by using the synthetic that manufacturers quit selling full synthetic oils for airplanes.

So here is my question: can anybody tell me if this what this guy is telling me is true? And secondly: is there a chance the leaded 110 race fuel I have been using in my TTA could be making sludge out of my mobile1 oil?

I figured there has to be plenty of people on this forum running leaded fuel, mobile 1, and have had their engines apart for inspection after a few years of use.

Thanks
Eric

I use Mobil One in my Turbo racecar with leaded fuel. Been doing it for YEARS. I inspect the bottom end frequently. I have never observed any deposits, sludge or otherwise in my engines.

The FAA is overcautious. They are very slow to change to new technology in private aviation. They are still using magnetos and carbs on aircraft engines!! They like redundant systems whenever possible.

Then again, if an aircraft engine quits..........you can't just pull over!!