Launching

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
on the street with no burn out and 28 psi in the BFG DRs, i launch with 2psi and shread the tires 10ft out (as i am on the way to 21psi). at the track should i launch with more boost or less?
of course if i leave with less i will not spin as much. i am wondering if i leave even harder (higher boost), will it plant the tires better? and give better traction?

i am hitting the track tomorrow and would like to make the most of my runs and not experiment as much.

ps i do have 1 air bag with 15psi in the passenger rear

just curious

drew

Try lowering the pressure down to 22-20 psi in the tire and raise the right side airbag to 20 psi and see how much boost you can leave with, then.

You need to launch with as much boost as you can get away with (planting your right foot and keeping it planted)...with a 49, probably 5 or 6 lbs minimum to ensure proper spool with a Stock D5, with your converter maybe a lot less. If you are using stock rims, don't go lower than 18 psi on the tires. If the air bag seems to help, put in more air to see if it helps a little more.

Thanks bro! good launch!

unfourtunately my 140k motor couldnt handle 3 launches in a row.(no one was at the track and me and 5 other guys just kep going) i think i spun a bearing or threw a rod or something not good. probably happend on the burnout. but i got a 12.6 @105 with a 1.89 60' after a killer burnout on the BFG DRs. the next run she took a dump and i limped home

see slip (attached)

thanks for the good info
no, really

drew

Attachments

• jan11_1.jpg
    jan11_1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 231