Keeping the LEGEND alive!

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Well, boys; my GN did an awesome job on keeping the Buick legend alive this weekend. People know these cars are still out there. Had three victims fall to my GN within 24hrs. It was interesting to say the least!

Victim #1: 99-04 GT Mustang. My best friend and I were in York, PA at York College visiting his girlfriend. On Saturday night, 84BuickGNYorkPA and I went out for a little cruise through town. This guy pulled up next to me at a light and gave me the look. Mind you, this is on city streets. Not exactly smart of me with two passengers and I doubt UPS would look highly on a street racing ticket... Anyway, this guy pulls up next to me at the light and let me hear the two-chamber Flowmasters. I had the cutout open and brought boost up to 2psi on the convertor. I told Jason and Erin to hold and that this guy is gonna get taught a lesson. As soon as the crosslight went yellow, I went to 4psi. He probably had the Mod Motor somewhere north of 3,000rpms, I'd assume. Jason held onto the door pull and Erin was holding onto the passenger's seat. So the light goes green and the poor Mickeys just come loose, and my GN starts to slide out to the right. Im shocked by this, as its never happened before; while remaining dead even with the Mustang. I hook in second gear and pull three cars almost immediately. I let off and Jason and Erin are both going crazy. Pull up to the next light and he wants another piece of the Stocker Beast. The outcome was the same. After that, we cruised with Chuck back to campus and hung out for the rest of the night.

Victim #2: Stock '03 Mitsu Evo at 23psi. Our trip home from York on Sunday afternoon was uneventful. Other than dogding some Amish buggies, the GN handled well on Rt. 896 south into Delaware. Then we cruised through Newark on the way home, and looked at all the UofD girls :D . This guy in the Evo comes up from behind and we trade revs for a few miles untill we catch a light. When I started boosting at the light, he yells he wasnt gonna launch due to a stock clutch. Okay, whatever. I launched from idle and took him bad... After that he wanted to go from a 20mph roll. Okay, I'm your huckleberry. So we turn around and three honks and we're off. He pulled maybe 1/2 car on me untill third and I went by him with Jason waving goodbye (he's such a smartass). So we BS at the nearest gas station for a bit and part ways. He was a cool dude. Said it ran consistent 12.60s and it only had mild mods. I saw a manual boost controller and a filter.

Victim #3: '95 LT-1 Formula conv. This guy was behind us after we left the gas station. He went the same way we did and caught up with us. He yelled that he "had one of those for 20yrs" and that "it was fast, but this is faster", referring to his Formula. So I dropped it into 2nd at about 40mph and let him see taillights. At the next light, he said that mine was a bit faster than his was. God I love my Razor's alchy!!!!!

My GN: 3, Contestants: 0!

Was all this stupid of me, absolutely; but they did ask for it so I obliged them.

Somebody give me a HELL YEAH!!!! Im feeling pretty good about the car right now.

man, 3 races in a single weekend... im jealous! ive had my Vette for almost a year now and havent had a single person willing to play except for the occasional ricer (im not wasting the gas on them though)

nice kills!