Jet Hot Coating

snipersixx

Is there much gain in jet hot coating headers, downpipe , turbo housing on a 9 or 10 sec. car?

If so what kind of HP numbers are you looking at. Iv'e been getting some prices and it's not cheap.

Jet-Hot? I would not spend the money again. I had a set of brand new Hedman Hedders sent to be coated with the silver stuff about 10 years ago. The car was always garage kept, yet it was driven about 1500 miles a year (its an old Mopar). The headers looked good when they arrived, a little frosty in some spots. Three or four years into it the rust started. Now there is signifigent rust around the collector area. Sure, they have a warranty against rust/corrosion, but do I really want the hassel of pulling off a set of headers to return to them? The money is better spent elsewhere.

You can't compare what they used 10 years ago to what they use now, For a turbo car you would want to go with the 2k degree coating which only comes in Black,Grey or Blue.

Have you had yours coated from them? Im a few days away from sending mine to Jet Hot, Only downside seems to be the warranty pricing seems very fair though.

Planning on sending my ATR headers and crossover plus my tail pipe to them this weekend. Turn around time seems to be 2 weeks so I'll know then how nice it is. Looks awesome though. I got the name years ago when I was into F-Bodies.

I jet hot coated with the 2000 gray for the headers, crossover and downpipe. First I had them coat just the inside on the stainless steel thdp but realized they use a different coating on the inside. So I sent it back and they did the outside too. I sent my turbo down and had them use the 2000 on the exhaust housing and the chrome on the inlet. I really like the way everything looks. I have nothing to compare to time slip wise as this was part of a new rebuild. The 2000 has a dull rough feel to it.

I have the JH 2000 on my stock headers and exhaust housing, tuff stuff. No timeslip difference but i can tell you before the stuff, you couldnt get a hand near the exh side of the turbo after a good pull, after the JH2000, you can damn near touch the thing.
It did take 2 weeks on mine, I paid just over $325 for all 3 pieces.