It Was One of Those Days - Part XXXVII

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
It Was One of Those Days - Part XXXVII

The smell of fresh coffee and bacon stirred me from my sleep… still a little groggy from the late night, as I sat up in bed it all came flooding back to me. Honestly? It still did not seem real.

But it was. It was as real as it gets.

I got up and walked over to the one bedroom window; the one that you can see the back garage and drive from and sure enough, there sat the Cuda out on the tarmac. Over on the dresser were the keys and seeing them made me remember the smile on Brandon’s face after he hopped out of the car in my drive, shaking his head and saying, “Man, I can DEFINITELY be a MOPAR fan with THIS car! It’s sick, sick, SICK!”

This, in turn, made me appreciate what a handful Frankie can be... Both of them are cars you would not want to lose focus on for a second or you may not live to tell about it.

Still, my favorite will always be the GSX… there’s just something particularly nasty about that car.

“Are you up, Steve?” It was Kelly and she had just stuck her cute little face in the doorway. “Breakfast is ready whenever you are!”

She smiled and that was when I noticed she was wearing one of my long sleeved shirts again for a night gown.

This also meant there probably wasn’t anything else on under it… whew… I guess it was going to be a great morning after, after all.

“I’ll be right out!” Figured I should at least acknowledge the beautiful girl’s intentions, right? Making a quick dash to the master bath, I washed up and headed back in the bedroom. Man, I LOVE the smell of a home cooked breakfast first thing in the morning, don’t you? Even if I was a little drained, man - what a night....

I pulled on my sweats and walked out into the kitchen, the bright morning sunlight making her all the more desirable. She was at the counter pouring orange juice and I walked up behind her and gave her a hug. She reached back up over her neck with one arm and hugged me back while I kissed her neck.

“Oh, so THAT’s how it’s gonna be, huh?” she twirled in my arms and planted a really nice kiss on my lips.

“Well, Mr. Racer, you have to eat your breakfast because I spent a lot of time creating these dishes over a hot stove, just for you.” She said all that with a wicked twinkle in her eye as she pulled herself into me, leaning up to kiss again, this time – it was one of those ‘breakfast might have to wait’ kisses. You know; the kind that said that, while you might THINK you are in the lead, SHE is the one who will be taking you where you always like to go… which is usually the case but hey, who’s complaining?

But just as quickly as my hopes began to rise, she broke free, poked my nose with her finger and sat down at the table, all the while smiling wickedly. As she reached for the plate with the eggs on it, she spoke…

“Come on and eat, Steve. We’ve got plenty of time to play later…”

Oh well… women. Just when you think you know where they’re going, you realize you are at least 180* off.

Just as I begrudgingly pulled my chair out to sit down, the phone rang. It was only then I noticed the clock – it was only 8:30! We had barely got 5 hours of sleep… no wonder I was so tired.

“Hello?” I hoped my voice sounded like Barry White but I was pretty sure that it probably sounded more like Barry Manilow’s since my head still wasn’t 100% clear . On TOP of that, Kel’s shirt was now hanging half open given me an eyeful of one of my favorite toys while she began to dish out the food. Dang-it! Just when I was trying to forget out that too…

But, a woman’s voice on the phone jerked me back to reality as Kelly noticed where my eyes were aimed and playfully pulled the shirt a little more open.

Distractions… dayum...

“Good morning, Mr. Morton. Will you hold the phone, please, for a call from Speed Channel? I have Mr. Rich Christensen from the Pinks show and will connect him now if you are ready and can take the call?”

Wow! I guess Bill was right after all!

“Sure, I will be glad to talk to him.”

Still not quite Barry White’s voice yet but much better than the “Copa Cabana” voice from a moment ago. I held my hand over the phone and mouthed the words “Speed Channel- Pinks” to Kelly who then decided this would be a GREAT time to completely unbutton her shirt to help my concentration.

OMG… what is a man to do?

Then - I heard a click and there he was.

“Mr. Morton, Rich Christensen here. Do you have a few minutes?”

“Hi, Rich. Sure. What can I do for you? Oh, and please – just call me Steve, ok?” Kelly pushed back from the table a bit, a piece of toast in her hand as she pulled the shirt completely open and posed, all of her glorious attributes in full view now… her thighs slightly parted…. :eek:

I could feel beads of sweat on my forehead… And I’m supposed to talk to Rich while THIS is going on? I tried to mouth “Quit it!” at her but based upon her reaction, she must have thought I said ‘Wider’ which is exactly what she did, all the while nibbling on her toast and smiling, knowing the torture I was enduring.

OMG….

“Sure Steve, no problem. A mutual friend of ours has been in contact with me for the past few months or so and he just called me again this morning. I believe you know him well from what he tells me. You do know Bill, right?”

“Oh yeah… I know Bill for sure.”

I could hear Rich chuckle. He sounded just like he does on TV.

“Well, Steve… we’ve got a race to set up and actually, I’ve got everything pretty much arranged for the most part. Some technical details to finallize but I can't really do that until I get a date and that's why I'm calling, assuming this is still a go for you.

"All I really need to know is what date works for you? At first, we thought about making it another Pinks All Out event or even just a regular Pinks episode but Nate and the gang think this might be an opportunity to do something even better. Here’s what I’m thinking…”

I tried to listen closely. Really, I did… but when Kelly got up and moved my plate back from the table, sat down where the plate was and motioned for me to look where she was pointing her fingers, I don’t know how much detail I got.

“So, what do you think, Steve? Would that work for you?”

“Uh… yeah… I guess so… huh? Oh, sorry… Hey Rich, how about I check with my wife and uh... call you back? What dates?”

“Any date you want Steve but it needs to be at least 60 days out to allow me to get the crews’ schedules arranged and the equipment moved to your local track. Plus, I want to do some heavy advertising because I think this show is going to set some new numbers for us. So, just call me back at this number sometime this week if possible, ok? Here’s the number…”

Kelly was laying back on the table on her elbows, her painted toe-nails glistening in the sunlight, and the shirt scrunched up beneath her. No doubt what she was in the mood to do now… All I could do was listen, try and scrible the numbers he gave me and stare...

“Got it Rich… I’ve gotta run but I will DEFINITELY get back to you, ok?”

“Sounds great, Steve. If I’m not here, just leave a message. You've got my personal cell phone so use it if you need to, ok? This is gonna ROCK, dude! See ya!”

*click* He was gone….

I hung up the phone and turned back to face Kel… her face was flushed but had a huge grin on it and I could tell her breathing was heavy.

“Ready for breakfast, Mr. Racer? Or would you rather have your dessert first?”

“Kelly, you KNOW I always eat my dessert first if it’s on the table…”

As I walked over, she looked up and asked so innocently… “So, what did the Speed Channel have to say?” all the while rubbing her left hand over her taut tummy and then lower... and lower…

I stopped for just a second and smiled down at my lovely wife.

“He said for me to have a nice day.”

She leaned up a little more. “And?”

I knelt down to kiss her once more.

“I intend to…” To hell with breakfast, I smiled and thought as I sat down on the chair in front of Kel…

I always HAVE been a dessert guy anyways…

To be continued…