Interesting conversation today...

groumoutis

I was out washing the GN this morning and while I am drying it off a strange lady pulls into the driveway. The lady was in her mid 50's and she had a teenage girl with her. I was guessing they were lost and needed directions so I walk up to the car to see what they needed. By the way I live on a side street a block off the main street. Back to the story... This lady asks me what year the GN was and I was floored. I wasn't expecting that. I tell her it is a 87. She begins to tell me that she bought an 87 new and so did her sister so they could have matching cars. That's a little weird but ok. She tells me her sister sold her car and that she still has hers and she lives in the county. I only knew of one other GN in the county and it belongs to a friend of mine and it is a 84. She then tells me she has it stored in her barn:eek:. All the barns around here have dirt floors. She parked the car in the barn when the brakes went bad and no she didn't wreck it. The car is bone stock and hasn't been driven in years. I am guessing the powermaster failed. She said she doesn't have the money to fix it. I am now in a loss for words. I asked if she wanted to sell it or fix it up and couldn't get an answer out of her. I did get her name and I know the town she lives in. Time to to do some investigating. I am dying to check this car out. She did say it needs repainted. She said she would love to see it back on the road. I told her about our forum and she said she would check it out. If possible I would like to see the car and either buy it for my son or if it is out of my range find someone on the board that would want a project car. Now to add to the drama I do know there was a person in town who had a GNX but I doubt this is it.