Intercooling a 1985 Grand National?

Cobin

I have a 1985 Grand National, and was wondering how hard it would be to add a intercooler? Can I buy one off a 86-87 GN, or an aftermarket one?

Thanks

There are several ways...

There are kits for intercoolers for hot-air cars although I'm not up to date on them. Some require you to turn your turbo around. My car is an 85 with an 87 drivetrain. So I took all the 87 stuff and transplanted it into my 85 car. I was lucky enough to have a donor car. Your results may vary. I'm sure some of the hot-air guys can chime in on this.. may want to ask in the general tech or hot air tech sections.

I'm gonna bump this to the top for ya. I want to see some replies, because I have a 1985 GN and I'm also interested in adding an intercooler one day.

Spearco makes a front mount kit, I have one, installed it in about 5 hours time, works great with upgraded turbo and injectors. Yes you do have to rotate the housing on the turbo to accomodate the new plumbing into the intake and intercooler, its as simple as loosening the 6 or 8 bolts on the outer diameter of the turbo and move it about 45 degrees so the outlet faces the front of the car , then tighten bolts.