Installing kick panels?

E

Eighty2Regal

when installing kick panels, if i were to say get the q-logic kickpanels. I dont understand how the emergency brake pedal wouldnt be in the way? On the passenger side there is some metal box inside that plastic part, would u have to remove the box is that the computer u guys were talking about and would u recommend doing a tweeter and mid speaker in there or just a mid. I am on a budget and plan to run off head unit power. which is 22 watts rms so what kinda budget speaker would be good. Rockford Fosgate?

You need to bend the Parking brake towards the passengers side,then the Kick panle willl fit.

Yes that is the ECM (computr)and you need to relocate the ECM,If you buy the Qlogic kick panels it comes with this black plastic case ,you need to trim it and heat it with a torch to rebend the plastc so you can fit the ECM in ,,Then look under the dash on the passs side ,see the plastic cover tat has 2or3 screws holding it up,well remove it and the light .Then I went to the hobbie store and bought some flat ABS plastic to make a cover for the case that holds the ECM,(to totally enclose the ECM) .Near where the fire wall and carpet meet you will see a tab of metal ,well I rested the ECM case on the edge and fastened the other edge up by the frame of the glove box ..HTH
Denis

Dennis,
Did you finally get the ECM behind the glove box with the trick I told ya? :cool: . BTW, how do you like your front stage now?

Originally posted by Audiowizard
Dennis,
Did you finally get the ECM behind the glove box with the trick I told ya? :cool: . BTW, how do you like your front stage now?
That sucker will NEVER fit behind the Glove Box:mad: :mad: ,,But one good thing after spending so much time trying to figure out where to put the ECM.Suspending it up against the underside of the dash is so perfect,while sitting in the passengers seat all you can see is about 1" of black abs plastic running horizontally ..
Havent finished the system yet.....no amp ,or wiring yet