Installed Razor's Kit - No Signal From MAP

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
I just installed Razor's alky kit. The alky turns on when the test button is pressed. There does not seem to be a signal coming from the new 3-Bar MAP. Before the install the factor boost lights worked, after the install the factory boost lights do not work. What did I do wrong or where do I look? Should I plug in the old 2-Bar MAP to see if the new MAP sensor is bad?
Thanks.

Digital dash or analog dash? In any case, don't rely on those boost lights- use a good boost gauge.

Stock MAP only feeds a signal to those lights.....

Quick test for your kit- turn in on, and go take a short run @ 10psi. The LED indicating system activation should illuminate at about 4 psi.

If you have a digital dash or GNX style dash, you will need to supply the MAP sensor with power from the TPS wire. It is in the packet of directions on how to do it.

Jason

This happened to me also! I had all the wiring correct, and was pissed, confused and frustrated for days on end! So I thought it was the wiring to the MAP, at first i made the mistake to take the green wire from the controller and hook it to green wire on the map sensor (as in i cut the orig wire and hooked it up wrong) after realizing i screwed up, i did it correct.

Put the hose on and went out and test drove....no red light, no leds lighten up, well i was pissed!

So i called Julio, did the voltage testing, and realized MY 3 BAR MAP SENSOR WAS BAD!!! What are the odds of that? Julio said that doesnt happen often, and that he'd send me a brand new one (which it was already) Got the new one, hooked it up, worked fine.

So do a voltage test, and see if the voltage rises or lowers with air applied to it, as in have someone blow/suck into the hose (i got my mom to be the sucker for that) If it does rise or lower, you got a bad 3 bar!

Hope everything works out fine,

Adam

your indash gauge (if it worked acuurately before) will not illuminate until 6psi if you are driving it with the 3bar map

as for checking the output thats detailed in the instructions to confirm 1.6V key on at the green map wire to the pac controller , if this wasnt done then i guess you didnt read the instructions

It's an analog dash. I spliced (not cut) into the green MAP wire next to the MAP sensor. The alky "on" LED does not light up at 10# of boost (from boost gauge) but it illuminates and the pump runs when the "test" button is pushed.
I will check the voltage key on to the green wire at the controller when I get home and go from there.

Problem resolved. I checked and had voltage to the green wire. I put some race gas in the tank and drove. The system came on arounf 8# of boost - I now just need to play with the turn on point.
In short, I was a dork.
Thank you for your help.

Old post but i'm having a similar problem. Did putting in race gas solve the problem or was it that you were not getting 1.6V? I'm getting 1.6V on the green wire with the MAP plugged in and no spray when on boost. It functions when the test button is pushed. OEM analog boost gauge does not function either.

RACE FUEL WONT FIX ANYTHING
the old gauge wont light up until over 6psi due to the difference in map sensor output voltage
if its a recent kit it came with a tps /map jumper harness that makes the map plug a standalone and if thats being used there wont be any signal to the analog dash led boost gauge
alky pump should turn on at 6-7psi and if its a newer kit it would have a dual color led that flips from red to green when the pressure builds , you should see the red /green led flip to green before12psi
just because it sprays the pump with test doesnt mean you have the map signal connected to the controller properly or that the controller is working properly so dont boost over pump gas levels until you verify proper operation
you should be able to carefully boost the car to 10 psi and see if the turnon led comes on , if it doesnt check the green map sensor wire connection to the PAC controller ,
if that doesnt work call julio during business hours and he can run you through some checks
813 265 1400

Last edited: