installation options???

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
I have cerwin vega 6x9's and 5 1/4's with kickpanel pods on the way. I was originally going to hook these two pairs together and then run them off my amp, but I've decided to put the 2 12's back in and use the amp for them. So, I have a few options, which would you do. I can run the 5 1/4 off the deck with the front 3.5's, and the 6x9's off the rear of the deck. Or would it be better to run the 5 1/4 and 6x9's together off the rear of the deck? And last I can get a 200 watt four channel amp and run the 5 1/4's and 6x9's off that, but I've never hooked up more than one amp in a car. Is this how you do it--- Run my power wire and remote wire to a distribution box and then from there to each amp, is that right?

This way sounds good to me. :)

And last I can get a 200 watt four channel amp and run the 5 1/4's and 6x9's off that, but I've never hooked up more than one amp in a car. Is this how you do it--- Run my power wire and remote wire to a distribution box and then from there to each amp, is that right?

you could also 'daisy-chain' it. Have the main wire from the head go to one amp, and then have the second wire come from that same connector and go to the second amp.

This is where I am so far.. I was told to get a 4 gauge power wire run it to a distribution box that has two 8gauge outs and run one 8 gauge wire to each amp. Now I was also told that I would use my radio front and rear output for the new 4 channel amp and a sub out for the big amp, but I don't have a sub out on my radio, so could I go with a 2 channel amp for the 6x9's and 5 1/4 and run them together??? Or is there a way with a 4 channel???

what head are you using? Does it have RCA's at all?

If you just have 2 sets of RCA's then I would say get a 2 channel amp and run the 4 spkrs parallel (making sure the amp is 2ohm stereo stable, most are) off of that, then use the second set to send to the sub amp.

Another option is to get a 4-channel amp that has a RCA output. Run both your RCA's to that amp, and then use the output on the amp (making sure it sends a full bandwidth signal) to send to the sub amp.

If you are using a OEN type head with no RCAs then run the 4 sets of spkr wires to the input of a 4-channel amp (that has a RCA output) and then use the RCA output to go to sub amp.

You could do the above with just a 2-channel amp and just use the front spkr pair.

Those are just some of the options. ;)

I'm using an eclipse HU, it has front and rear rca outputs. And the amp I'm using for the subs also has two sets of rca plugs, I believe one is in and one is out, couldn't you use a set of them for a second amp?? I think I'm only using one set running to the head unit right now.

If it has one input and one output, I would say run one of ur RCA's to the 4-channel and then the other set (from the head) to the sub amp. You could also just run one set to the 4-channel and then just use its output to go to the second amp.