Ignition Parts

DAVID C

I need a spare coilpak and module. ('87 GN). I also need a MAP sensor and the ESC module on the passenger side inner wheelwell. What fits? I see lots of late '80s FWD BOPs. Are they the same? I suspect the MAP sensor is turbo only. Dave C.

Some coil packs are interchangeable with ours. I have had reasonable luck with these. Look at the terminals for an idea of their condition; avoid packs with corroded terminals.

There are even some of the individual coil packs that work (3 separate coils), but I have no experience with these.

The modules are very hard to come by. There are a lot that look like ours, but the wire connector on the d/s is 'keyed' differently.

Just for kicks, we tested an ESC module off an S-10 (yr unknown) on my old GN and it performed indentically to the GN module... Not sure about the connector being keyed differently - we didn't see that.

Originally posted by S10xGN
Just for kicks, we tested an ESC module off an S-10 (yr unknown) on my old GN and it performed indentically to the GN module... Not sure about the connector being keyed differently - we didn't see that.

Whoops. I was talking about the ignition module being keyed, not the ESC module.