Ign Module!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
I wish someone would make an ign module. The auto part ones suck.

ITSAV6 said:
I wish someone would make an ign module. The auto part ones suck.

I've been buying mine out of Recycling Yards.
When I have the car running right, I bought a back up and tried it so I knew it was good, and kept it as a spare.

Wells are junk, and GM just seems awful proud of their's (and charge accordingly).

FWIW & IMHO:
I would never buy anything made by Wells either.
Way too much bad publicity on that manufacturer.
I like to keep my car original whenever possible by buying GM
There are several retailers that sell original GM products considerably less expensive thatn GM.
GM Parts Direct, for example, GM PN 24503624:
GM list price: $ 261.80
GM Parts Direct price: $ 130.90
GM Parts Direct shipping & handling: $ 26.18
$157.08 total to your door, not that bad for a brand new GM part.
Not near as good as the "Go to the junkyard and get it yourself" price.
HTH
I think that John's Perfomance and some other retailers sell this item.
I believe that John Dicarlo, alias RedRegalT, also sells used back-up units reasonable.

itsav6,If you need a Ac Delco module I can sell you one for $150 shipped to your door. Brand new in the box. If you need it let me know.

:) all nice and clean ...sent pm's were needed.

Nice offer Randy Greenoe..

Jesse said:
:) all nice and clean ...sent pm's were needed.

Nice offer Randy Greenoe..
-------------------------------------------------
Certainly, an excellent example of how well we can play together without adult supervision when necessary.
J/K, jesse. Welcome back from the dead

ign modules

I took my stock module and coils out and replaced it with a gm type 2 setup with exchangeable coils so instead of replacing all the coils i only have to replace one of 3 coil packs and at 33.00 a coil, sure makes it cost effective plus they are a hotter spark setup and work great. you can get the module coils and adapter plate all from any gm dealer or retailer and it bolts up in about 10 minutes plus looks great with all the wires on the back side of the coils all in a line. and the whole setup is less than the stock module if you can find one.