IAC numbers

Tristansgn

Buick owner
So the recommendation for the IAC numbers are between 10-20 mine were about40-42, I was able to turn in the screw on the throttle body a bit and reduce it down to 33-35 warmed up in park. How important is this to be in the 10-20 range, I only ask because the screw is pretty close to maxed out (turning clockwise) car runs well, and I'm only in the beginning stages of tuning with the PL, should I keep messing with it to hit the 10-20 that's suggested?

Since you are maxed out on the screw, I suggest that you back out your screw all the way until it is flush the the stop plate on the throttle body. Now since there is no threads showing, I would now adjust the the idle screw 2.5 turns in. This will set the IAC back to basic zero setting (do this with engine off). Now turn key on and dont start the car, make adjustments to your TPS to .42v. This should bring your tune in pretty close. Your IAC should read somewhere around 25 and the TPS will read .42-.44 v. Good luck and keep us posted....

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

hello; I also am having a problem getting those ideal IAC numbers. I'm about where you are are the cars running fine. I too would like to know if those ideal numbers aren't there what is the bad side of it? Lesser power? Poor MPG's? I'd like to know also.
IBBY

You may have some carbon buildup through the IAC passage. I'd suggest taking the IAC out and cleanning the mess out of the holes with TB cleaner. It may not hurt to take the whole throttle body off and IAC motor out and cleaning it all up then reinstall. You should be able to achieve your IAC settings without cranking the throttle screw open that far.

Did you do as I suggested?

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick